Project idea.

How's this for a project for someone clever.
A picaxe with a GPS and transmitter that fit's into onto a dog collar
which transmits its position back to a reciever, so when your dog runs
off you can find it easily. Could also be used with kids in shopping
centers or attach it to cars or motorbikes to find them if they're
stolen (depending on the range of the device), Could even work through
the mobile phone service maybe.

Anyone?

Re: Project idea.

Commercial mobile phones with gps are available now - great idea and
parents feel more secure knowing exactly where their kids are

David

Re: Project idea.

OK you can receive GPS locations.

How will you transmit the coordinates back to base?

If you are out side GSM mobile phone range - how will you transmit... if
your little doggy runs off in the country side.

How far will the transmit power need to go (distance)?

Hw often will you transmit the coordinates?

How long do you want the battery to last?
(range, Tx power, Tx duty cycle and battery capacity will effect the battery
life)

What is your target price for such a device?

It's very easy to have an idea ... but much harder to put in to practice....
with all the practical factors.

JG

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

   Nah, he sniffs the tailpipes of cars and chases other dog's butts.
;-)

prove it.
Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

Isn't Phil Allison Crazy Frog's chum?

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

plonk.

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/plonk

 plonk   Pronunciation (plngk)

  n. Chiefly British Slang

    Cheap or inferior wine.

On Fri, 19 May 2006 18:29:56 +1000, The Real Andy

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

No results for "plonker" though - so The Real Andy must not exist!

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

   Who cares if it exists?

prove it.
Re: Fuckwit Project idea.
On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:39:32 +1000, Bob Parker

I think you will find http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=plonk
prodides a vastly superior reference.

plonk

<networking, abuse> (Possibly influenced by British slang
"plonk" for cheap booze, or "plonker" for someone behaving
stupidly; usually written "*plonk*") The sound a newbie
makes as he falls to the bottom of a kill file. While this
term originated in the Usenet newsgroup
news:talk.bizarre, by 1994 it was widespread on Usenet and
mailing lists as a form of public ridicule.

Another theory is that it is an acronym for "Person with
Little Or No Knowledge".

(2002-01-18)

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

The word "plonker" also occurs in British slang as meaning prick or penis,
it is sometimes also used in toddler talk to mean turd.

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.
This is getting educational... which is what newsgroups are supposed
to be about. :-)

Bob

On Sat, 20 May 2006 06:26:56 +1000, The Real Andy

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

"Bob Parker"

** Thought every Aussie knew what  "plonk" was  !!!

The original ANZACS on their way to the trench slaughter of WW1 would
politely ask for a glass of  " plonk "  at a French tavern  -  a bad
pronunciation of  " blanc "  =  short for " vin blanc "  =   white wine in
French.

It later became the colloquial Aussie name for all form of wine sold by the
flagon   -  like Hock, Reisling, Moselle etc. plus all the fortifieds.

The other common meaning of  " plonk " emulates the sound of something
falling to the floor.

.......   Phil

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.
On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:29:44 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

plonk

Re: Fuckwit Project idea.

   Whoopee. Who gives a crap?

prove it.