programmer help please

I am running a TOP2004 programmer. Trying to program a 93c56 serial EPROM for my maxon radios. I run the smp4001 program to set-up the data file. I then load up the usb TOP2004 with the data file and pick the type EPROM to program. Then go through with this exercise.... error ... every time. Maybe I am putting the serial EPROM in the zif socket incorrectly. It is a 3M zif socket with 40 pin capability. The serial EPROM is in the device list.

What the hell am I doing wrong. Help

Reply to
vk4jzz