Problem with two TV's :(

Hi, I have a problem with two TV's. My brothers Samsung flat screen
68cm which is about 2 1/2 years old  and my parents Panasonic 59cm
which is about 9-10 years old.

With my brothers Samsung, it was being watched one night and went zap
and that was it. I opened it up and saw that the fuse was blown. I
replced the fuse and went zap again. I am not sure if there is
possibly something wrong with the power supply. I assume the rest of
it might be ok. Any ideas?

Now my parents was working fine the other day. It was on for about an
hour in the morning working fine and later on I turned it on while my
lunch cooked and all I got was a black picture but I could hear voices
coming from the speaker but the voices were rumbly. Like a broken
signal. Any ideas? Does this sound like a blown tube?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Matt.

Re: Problem with two TV's :(

what model is youre samsung?
yes its sounds like power supply.
there are kits you can get to fix them.
if youre model number matches what have
listed here i can tell you were to get them.

Re: Problem with two TV's :(

some models have built in faults in
there power supplies, be carefull if you
replace one part in some models the other
will blow, you have to replace them all.
these kits will help.

Re: Problem with two TV's :(

yes, sounds like it. typically the power supply is built around the flyback
transformer (other end of the suction-cup looking thing on the tube)
could be a dead transistor, diode, or capacitor, or resistor etc..., and
possibly a combination.

(guess)
short circuit somewhere, or powersupply operating below par for some reason.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline