Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

I have this small screen old General Electric TV and I'm trying to connect a
VCR to it. It seems that you can receive the standard TV channels only on
the prescribed numbers - like Channel 7 will be on the 7 dial on the TV. I
was wondering if there is a reserved channel on the TV to connect to the
VCR. I hope I'm explaining myself properly - thanks for any help.

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

"Paul"

**  Depends on the TV set.

 Some old ones did, some did not.

How about you pull your finger out and  TRY the channels the VCR uses for
output.

.......   Phil

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

most vcr's use the UHF channel 36 to output the signal. many old teles
only did vhf (0 - 12)

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

As it sounds like the TV doesn't have A/V in, you'll need to check that the
VCR has an RF
out and what channel it outputs on.

It might be 0, 1 or somewhere in the UHF range.  If the latter and the TV
lacks have
 UHF then you won't be able to use it unless you have a converter (which
Tandy sold many moons ago).

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

Thanks guys I found the VCR on the UHF channel. This TV is pretty old and
yet still looks great to watch. Regards

connect
on
the

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

All VCRs (all newere ones anyway) are sending output on UHF band.

I can not remember this particular GE you are talking about, but some really
old TVs had separate antenna plugs for UHF and VHF.

If TV has a dial, there is a "rotating knob" in the dial control to allow
for fine tuning. You may only have one UHF setting on dial, so tune your VCR
in there.

BTW, if you manage to tune your TV to VCR, you can use VCR as a tuner to
accept all other channels.

Rudolf

Re: Problem tuning old TV to VCR - Advice Needed

Thanks Rudolf - I fixed the problem when somebody told me to search the UHF
channel.

really
VCR
connect