Print your own real gun..

The "gun" is made of ABS, you can print that on a $1000 printer like "reprap".

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

They cost less than $2000 not much over $1000

Reply to
F Murtz

They may have been trying to encourage the crims to try it and have it blow up in their faces quite literally.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Or wanted that result. Duh.

Reply to
Jeßus

They are about $2000 to buy in Australia A4 size <

Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left
Reply to
Petzl

Or there is a reason why guns have been made out of steel rather than thermoplastics until now.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

The KIT's costs that, you really think they could build one even IF you don't factor in the cost of their wages while doing so?

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

F Murtz

thermoplastics until now.

Why all the fuss over a plastic gun anyway? You can buy a lathe for less than the price of a 3D printer and make a REAL metal gun that fires more than once!!!

Reply to
yaputya

Exactly, but does require some skill. And it seems the big issue is the metal detectors may not detct it, but personally I would think plastic bullets might be an even bigger danger to the user than a plastic gun! Seems to me like the shooter may be in as much, or more danger than the target :-)

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

thermoplastics until now.

the

Because the printer requires no skill , makes an almost undetectable weapon and one shot is all it takes

--

Reply to
atec77

It is all academic as I doubt it will ever be used for nefarious purposes (at least until better materials are developed)it is just a bit of fun.

Reply to
F Murtz

Correct , but it is the thin edge , I have more interest in printing body parts like cartilage and bone

--

Reply to
atec77

thermoplastics until now.

the

and one shot is all it takes

No skill? I doubt that, you still have to put the right bits together correctly etc. The first test shot could be the last for the gun and the shooter.

And though the weapon may be plastic, won't it still stand out like dogs balls in a body scanner 'coz its full of organic compounds?

Reply to
yaputya

Likely, or you might just lose a hand if you're lucky :-)

Put it in with hand luggage which goes thru X-ray scanner. The question of what to do with the bullets is more tricky though.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor