Print your own real gun.. - Page 2

Re: Print your own real gun..

thermoplastics until now.

Why all the fuss over a plastic gun anyway? You can buy a lathe for less than
the
price of a 3D printer and make a REAL metal gun that fires more than once!!!

Re: Print your own real gun..

Exactly, but does require some skill. And it seems the big issue is the
metal detectors may not detct it, but personally I would think plastic
bullets might be an even bigger danger to the user than a plastic gun! Seems
to me like the shooter may be in as much, or more danger than the target :-)

Trevor.

Re: Print your own real gun..
thermoplastics until now.
the
Because the printer requires no skill , makes an almost undetectable
weapon and one shot is all it takes

--

Re: Print your own real gun..

It is all academic as I doubt it will ever be used for nefarious
purposes (at least until better materials are developed)it is just a bit
of fun.

Re: Print your own real gun..
Correct , but it is the thin edge , I have more interest in printing
body parts like cartilage and bone

--

Re: Print your own real gun..

thermoplastics until now.
the
and one shot is all it takes

No skill?
I doubt that, you still have to put the right bits together correctly etc. The
first test shot
could be the last for the gun and the shooter.

And though the weapon may be plastic, won't it still stand out like
dogs balls in a body scanner 'coz its full of organic compounds?

Re: Print your own real gun..

Likely, or you might just lose a hand if you're lucky :-)

Put it in with hand luggage which goes thru X-ray scanner. The question of
what to do with the bullets is more tricky though.

Trevor.

Re: Print your own real gun..

Do you suppose the AFP popped down the road to the ANU to borrow a 3D
printer, or do you think they wasted tens of thousands buying one just
to perform their little experiment?

Re: Print your own real gun..
It was all aimed at frightening the populace into not trying it,
they got on to talkback with it

Re: Print your own real gun..

They may have been trying to encourage the crims to
try it and have it blow up in their faces quite literally.

Re: Print your own real gun..

The "gun" is made of ABS, you can print that on a $1000 printer like
"reprap".

--
?? 100% natural

Re: Print your own real gun..

They cost less than $2000 not much over $1000

Re: Print your own real gun..

The KIT's costs that, you really think they could build one even IF you
don't factor in the cost of their wages while doing so?

Trevor.

Re: Print your own real gun..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3D-Printer-Machine-3D-Printing-Comes-New-and-Already-Assembled-/221228519014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33823f4e66

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3Dstuffmakers-Mega-Prusa-Reprap-3D-Printer-Fully-Assembled-Free-Shipping-/181142619262?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item2a2cf1047e

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Omnitron-by-ID-Full-FDM-Open-Source-3D-Printer-Pre-Assembled-ABS-or-PLA-/310667726614?pt=AU_PRINTERS&hash=item48553d4f16

Re: Print your own real gun..
On Sat, 25 May 2013 02:25:22 -0700 (PDT), Wolfgang Wildeblood

They are about $2000 to buy in Australia A4 size
< http://tinyurl.com/nqoa2zp
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Site Timeline