Pressure sensor help

Hey
I am looking for a pressure sensor for in vivo measurement of growth.
The sensor will be connected to a wireless transmitter (V-link form
microstrain). The manufacturer recommends that the sensor should have 4
ends (sens+, sens-, ground and power). the power supply is 3.6 Vdc. and
the output should be in voltage. the thickness should be less than 4
mm. Price is not an issue
my background is medical so i don't know anything about electronics
(SORRY)

 Do you any company that manufucture similar products?
Thanks in advance
my email is: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Re: Pressure sensor help

What sort of pressure ? - air , fluid ,  what ?

What range of pressure , what accuracy ,what output voltage range ?

What size for the sensor ?
Does it have to have medical certification or other certification ?

What sort of growth ?

Need to be a lot more specific

Alex

Re: Pressure sensor help

i am going to measure pressure exerted by cartilage on a solid surface
(bone), i am expecting that one surface is fixed and the other is
pressing. The sensor should be as thin as possible (4mm at most) the
diameter is not that critical (1.5cm or less can work), i need the
sensor to be flat (like a coin). the sensor should operate using
wheatstone bridge principle. As to range i have no information about
the expected pressure (no literature), iam mainly concerned to know if
there is pressure or not more than quantification of pressure. As to
the output, it should be between 0-3 Volts.
I am looking for companies that manufacture this type of sensor (with
this size), if there were no companies i will try to make one by myself
(if it is easy).
Please feel free to contact me via email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com so i
can send you the circuit diagram.
Thanks for help and comments, sorry for inspecificity
Yours
Ayman,

Re: Pressure sensor help

What you are talking about is commonly called a strain guage - there's
plenty of info on the net about them - you'll also get useful information
searching for load cell.

4
and

Re: Pressure sensor help

I am pushing to remember, but i did some work like this years ago for
Uni of QLD IIRC. It might pay top give the medicine dept a call. They
supplied the strain guages which were mounted to titanium. I had to
bond the wire to the sensor.

Furthermore, I dont think you will get the output you desire. Most
strain guages (wheatstone bridges) will only change a few millivolts
when they go out of balance.

To be brutally honest. if you are developing this for a commercial
application I think you are on your own.

Site Timeline