power cosumption for my pc ? UPS config needs...

I have this motherboard installed with 2 GB RAM, a 250 GB Seagate
Baracuda hard disk and LG DVD RW drive.

My power-supply says its  450W.  My UPS has a rating of 650 VA (should
be around 350 watts).

My display is also plugged into the UPS, which is a LG flatron 19"
TFT.

My UPS is not able to support my system during a power fluctuation.

my question is, how do I measure as to how much is my system using
from the mains ?  That seems to be the only way I could decide on my
power usage and then only I can choose the right UPS configuration for
my system.

Please suggest...

regards
raghav..

Re: power cosumption for my pc ? UPS config needs...

Put an ammeter in series with the supply, multiply the reading by the supply
voltage.
This should be a good start.

Cheers John.

Re: power cosumption for my pc ? UPS config needs...

"raghav"

** You mean a power outage ( ie total loss) -  or voltage fluctuation ??

If the latter, then your LG monitor should be left plugged into the AC
supply as it operates anywhere from 100 to 240 volts AC.  Probably the 450W
PSU will cope with a wide AC input voltage range too.

.....   Phil

Site Timeline