Potential Tech Position - Perth

My employer looks fairly certain to be employing a Service Tech on contract
for a period of 4 to 6 months or so.

Equipment serviced is a range of microcontroller based data loggers &
instruments/sensors. Usual service tech skills needed - able to work
independently with minimal supervision, read schematics, component level
repair etc etc.

Pretty good working conditions in a small South of the river manufacturing &
sales company of about 16 staff. At the moment I am not privy to pay rate,
exact duration of employment etc.

If anyone is interested young or old (like me!) email me & I'll pass on the
contact details.

No promises or guarantees on my part, I figured mentioning the job here may
help us pick up someone with a real hands on interest in electronics.

rob

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

"Rob"

**  I thought they no longer made any techs like that.

.........  Phil

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

Don't get too excited Phil.  The guy wants a real tech not a toaster
repairman. :P

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

lol.....

Yeah he wants one of those electrition's that don't own a soldering
iron or hay shed.

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

Good luck finding someone to do that Rob, I used to work on gear like
that but crap pay, crazy religious bosses, illness and general idiocy
made me quit that sort of work. While I could easily do that work I
would expect $60 per hour and relocation expenses for such short term
work.

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

.au...
contract
manufacturing &
rate,
the
may

Hi Mark, yep not sure how we will go getting someone. Unfortunately I too
have had the pleasure of the things you mentioned. It took me a while to
work it out - I used to think it was just bad luck but it seems most places
have some problems. You just have to find the place that suits you best.
regards
rob

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

I would be very surprised if they pay any more than $12.50/H + casual

Bloody pathetic if this is so, IMHO

 >> Good luck finding someone to do that Rob, I used to work on gear like
 >> that but crap pay, crazy religious bosses, illness and general idiocy
 >> made me quit that sort of work. While I could easily do that work I
 >> would expect $60 per hour and relocation expenses for such short term
 >> work.
Hi Mark, yep not sure how we will go getting someone. Unfortunately I too
have had the pleasure of the things you mentioned. It took me a while to
work it out - I used to think it was just bad luck but it seems most places
have some problems. You just have to find the place that suits you best.
regards
rob

Re: Potential Tech Position - Perth

I believe the legal minimum is now $12.76, Ed.

Site Timeline