police scanner

you will have to be quick before they rip this off the air. :-)
mms://203.158.57.187:8080/

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: police scanner

Still up @ 15.30

Mitchell

Re: police scanner

Nice work!
I assume it's just ripped off the air and re-broadcast, in which case I
didn't know they still used unencryted radios. I can remember listening
in occasionally 15-20 years ago with a scanner, but even then the
analog police channels were getting fewer and fewer.

Dave :)

Re: police scanner

There is lots of online digital and analog streams if you look hard enough.

Rob

Re: police scanner

They are still on analog in many? of the country areas - supposed to be
making the switch sometime in the future - frequencies are readily
available on the net

David

"David L. Jones" wrote

Re: police scanner

Technically its only illegal to decode it if its encoded digital. once it
decoded you can do whatever you want can't you?

Re: police scanner

I understand it is legal to listen, but illegal to make use of what you hear

David - who does not guarantee this comment is right

Re: police scanner

Hi All,

I'm the person running the scanner feed.  Just wanted to mention a couple of
things.

1. It's perfectly legal to listen to the police.  I thought i'd mention that
because some people seem to think it isn't.

2. The scanner feed is on permanently (at least for the forseeable future).

3. Anyone is welcome to listen to it.  I ask that you go via the webpage
though, so you always have the correct link.

http://www.gleff.com/onlinescanner /

4. While it's not compulsory, if you like the stream, please click on a
banner.

Have Fun

Re: police scanner

I've just updated the 'Current News Items' on my website. Essentially,
there's a middle eastern protest occuring tomorrow at midday starting at
Town Hall station here in Sydney.

I'm going to bring my feed down for a short time sometime tomorrow morning
to swap over to another scanner to enable scanning of the Inner Metro region
only. Listeners may notice crap audio or downtime while I make the change in
preperation.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so it will stay on Inner Metro until
around 9pm tomorrow night.

Have Fun.

Site Timeline