police scanner

you will have to be quick before they rip this off the air. :-) mms://203.158.57.187:8080/

Don...

-- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page:

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD

USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv

Don McKenzie

Still up @ 15.30

Mitchell

Reply to
Mitch

Nice work! I assume it's just ripped off the air and re-broadcast, in which case I didn't know they still used unencryted radios. I can remember listening in occasionally 15-20 years ago with a scanner, but even then the analog police channels were getting fewer and fewer.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

There is lots of online digital and analog streams if you look hard enough.

Rob

Reply to
R1rob

Technically its only illegal to decode it if its encoded digital. once it decoded you can do whatever you want can't you?

Reply to
Dac

They are still on analog in many? of the country areas - supposed to be making the switch sometime in the future - frequencies are readily available on the net

David

"David L. Jones" wrote

Reply to
quietguy

I understand it is legal to listen, but illegal to make use of what you hear

David - who does not guarantee this comment is right

Dac wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Hi All,

I'm the person running the scanner feed. Just wanted to mention a couple of things.

  1. It's perfectly legal to listen to the police. I thought i'd mention that because some people seem to think it isn't.

  1. The scanner feed is on permanently (at least for the forseeable future).

  2. Anyone is welcome to listen to it. I ask that you go via the webpage though, so you always have the correct link.

  1. While it's not compulsory, if you like the stream, please click on a banner.

Have Fun

Reply to
Geoff Leff

I've just updated the 'Current News Items' on my website. Essentially, there's a middle eastern protest occuring tomorrow at midday starting at Town Hall station here in Sydney.

I'm going to bring my feed down for a short time sometime tomorrow morning to swap over to another scanner to enable scanning of the Inner Metro region only. Listeners may notice crap audio or downtime while I make the change in preperation.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so it will stay on Inner Metro until around 9pm tomorrow night.

Have Fun.

Reply to
Geoff Leff