Plimer and Silicon Chip - Page 5

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   I hope all Australians aren't that paranoid & misinformed.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Lol, what is misinformed? You have already posted that the sun shone out
of the USAians arse during WWII. Nuff said.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Yes.  Enough of your ignorant lies.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   The Russians, using American built planes and supplies.  Read up on
the 'Lend - Lease' program where America supplied ammunition, weapons,
fuel, food and medicine to the Allies during WWII.   England couldn't
get their Merlins off the ground without the special high octane
gasoline available from a Texas refinery.  Then read about the amount of
Penicillin, Magnetrons, and other items that no one else could build in
the needed quantities.   America supplied over half of the ammunition
used by the Allies during WWII

   Finally, read the MIT 'RadLabs' series of books to see how much of
modern electronics was developed by the US during WWII. it is over 750
MB of scanned material.

<http://cer.ucsd.edu/~james/notes/MIT%20OpenCourseWare/MIT%20Radiation%20Lab/

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

supplied = sold, not donated.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   So, you are a greedy, ungrateful bastard. It was supplied, at cost to
Allied nations.  Our entire manufacturing infrastructure was converted
to the war effort, and millions of American citizens did with what they
needed, to make sure the military of Allied nations got the supplies
they needed. No new tires, very little gasoline. Food rationing, very
few new clothes, shoes or other items available, because the raw
materials were diverted to the war.  Then most of the 'Allies'
conveniently forgot to pay for their share of the cost for freedom.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said...
:
:terryc wrote:
:>
:> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 21:33:30 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
:>
[...]

I'm glad you're so bitter and misinformed. Eat shit <G>

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Yawn.  No one wants your lunch.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Yep, we all know about "cost"

effort,

Entire?

Your logical inconsistency is showing.
Hint, before Pearl Harbour as well?

See, you are admitting that you think "the allies" should still be
kissing your arse.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Of course, pearl Harbour would not have happened had the US not forced
Japan to open itself to the world by sending Admiral Perry to force them
to do so.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   I don't want anyone to kiss my ass.  You, most of all.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Then why do you continually post false material that claims the rest of
the world owes the USA?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   When did I say that?  I did say that some Allies didn't repay their
war debt according to their agreement.  Its not my fault that you can't
tell the truth.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

List them?

Oh, you want me to point to "the truth" as written by the USA armed
forces? Hell, even your own WWII veteran piss all over "the official
history".

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   I don't own any WW-II veterans. I served during the Vietnam era.
Have you ever talked to any US W.W.II Veterans?  I have, and attend
memorials for the ones who pass on.  We have about 200 names every three
months, just in this county.

   Keep yammering your pathetic attempts to insults.  You sound more
like Phil, every day.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Yes, that is why I could make the comment.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Once again, you snipped most of the message.  You'r more like Phil,
the wanabe SS Trooper every day.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Shrug, you asked a question and I replied. Is "english" not your first
language or didn't they teach you any basic sentence construction?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Yet another lame attempt at misdirection.  YAwnnn...

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Sigh.  So much hatred, ignorance and arrogance.  I suppose you would
have worked for free, or paid to work long days in a hot factory?

  Show me ANY US manufacturer who was exempt.  Companies like Black &
Decker, Skil and other power tool companies were told to shut down and
build dynamotors for the radios.  The car companies were converted to
build jeeps, tanks, and metal parts for other military equipment.  The
electronics industry was shut down, and converted to build radios, RADAR
and other military electronics. The early TV stations were shut down, as
well.  The war board decided who would be best for each task, and the
companies had no choice but to comply. If they didn't, all raw materials
were cut off.  Sugar, flour, eggs and a lot of other foods were rationed
because the huge amount of food needed for the packaged meals prepared
for the military, and food aid sent to other countries.  The cotton
crops were diverted into uniforms, bandages and canvas for tens and
equipment covers.  All nylon was diverted to making parachutes, since
the supply of silk from China was cut off.  People donated their cars
and trucks so the steel could be recycled into military equipment.  US
civilians 'loaned' personal rifles to England for their troops early in
the war.  Of course, not one was returned to the owner, or their family.

  Like it or not, the US put forth a huge effort.  Would you rather we
had built more nuclear warheads and dropped them everywhere?