Plimer and Silicon Chip - Page 3

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Nope, we just point out they were part of the solution and not THE
solutions. Whereas USAians think we should be eternally kissing their
arse because they showed up.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

It's only the deterrent effect of having America standing behind us that
  Australia hasn't been invaded by other countries. Australia wouldn't
stand a chance on its own. It's cool to be anti-establishment but
totally unrealistic to think we don't depend on America for our
security. China would be here in a flash otherwise.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Bollocks. Until recently, China lacked the firepower, though it does have
the personel. Indonesia doesn't have it. Like it or lump it, Australia has
the most firepower in the immediate region (China excepted). For now.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip
So could China beat us or not?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Depends on their aims. Three or four well placed nukes and we're pretty
much screwed. A full on invasion, occupation and subjugation would be very
difficult for any military force. But, to answer your question: Yes, China
could pretty much beat us now. 10 years ago would have been a very different
situation. It's all academic. When they're wealthy enough (10 years),
they'll just buy the infrastructure they want. Successive Australian
governments are too stupid to notice that dictatorships cannot be dealt with
like regular companies (witness: Optus). The present government is no
different. They'll allow precious, irreplacable infrastructure to be sold
off to anyone.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

So was that a yes or a no?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

What deterent? The treaty is worth less as paper than toilet paper.

Unfortunately, probably true. Our population is unarmed, our military
handicapped by crap USAian military goods and the general population is a
dependent bunch of idiots.

We don't.

Economically, China is already here and has been since gold was
discovered (majority chinese population then). Now, they are slowly
becoming the dominant overseas shareholder and slowly replacin the USA.

Militarily, China hasn't demonstrated the capacity to translocate a
significant force a few thousand miles across the sea. Big difference
from pretty boys goose stepping in the square to fighting OS.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

So could China beat Australia or not?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Too many variables.
Define "beat".

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Ah, don't worry about it.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

At home, probably not.
The big question is how well can city bred people take to guerilla
warfare?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

So I take it that's a no.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip
Your politicians have effectively disarmed the populace!!!!!!!!  Silly
buggers.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Single shot rifles are no match for nuclear weapons in any case.

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Nor is anything in the hands of the most rapid gun nutter. American gun
nutters fail to recognise this simple point. Against the most ancient
technology, still in active service in the US military (B-52 Bombers - ca
1952), civilans have zero defence. Hell, even some very well equipped
military forces have no defence against them.

Guns, in the hands of civilians are simply no match for a well equipped,
well trained military force.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

No, but they can make a big difference to any survivors for self
defense, if law and order breaks down, and / or enemy ground forces
try to invade what is left.

Then again, if you nuke something, its debatable as to what is left.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   One of the few things that survived the nuclear bomb in Hiroshima was
an American made Mosler safe.  After the war, the bank that owned it
flew a tech over from the US to open it, and change the combination.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Still using aus.electronics to launch your anti-gun rants I see
Trevor.

What is a "rapid(sic) gun nutter" be precise in your answer

Actually Trevor, "the most ancient military technology" still in
active service with the US military is probably the .50 M2 HB Browning
machine gun (circa 1919).

I really do find the way you display your ignorance on matters you
pontiifcate about so very entertaining.

Tell us again about your friend who can STOP his heart.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Why on earth would you think that?
With over a Billion expendable people, *and* nuclear weapons, *and* their
own aircraft and ship building facilities, what makes you think we'd last a
week?

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

That should read: ".....most RABID gun nutter."

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Site Timeline