Plimer and Silicon Chip - Page 12

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Nope. It is policy. Please feel free to compile a full list of Federal
political parties that have any reference to population policy.

 Pile of self

**Yet. Give it time.

**Huh? The cited article SPECIFICALLY refers to the conflicting issues of
population growth and CO2 emissions. It demostrates PRECISELY my point.
Keneally may, or may not be a "blinkered fool". That is not the point. He
raises some very important issues which need to be discussed.

**Factually untrue. Gittens is one of the few economists who sees past the
immediate Dollar.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

It isn't a definite population policy. It just includes population as
another buzzword. The greens will NEVER post the population policy they
believe it.

No, as an elected member of the greens, you must follow what the caucus
decides. They  have no capacity for independent action on any issue.

Nope, he argues for greater population for Australia for the benefits it
will bring.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

people

This rather contradicts that :

"Australia has an obligation to accept humanitarian migration including that
resulting from climate change"

So being unable to control other countries population growth, that obviously
locks us into unsustainable growth of our own.

The Greens unfortunately have no idea which way to go on climate change, but
at least they do admit it :

"there are complex issues involved in population policy"

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

"Trevor Wilson"

** Data obtained from ice core samples IS dodgy at best  -  all sorts of
elaborate * hypotheses * ( ie not proven facts ) are used to interpret what
is found in them.

Ice cores are not used because they are such good evidence of the past state
of the atmosphere -  but rather because they are the ONLY evidence.

Reading the future from tea leaves is about as scientific.

Nevertheless, the Wiki on ice cores flatly contradicts TW and supports
Plimer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_core#Ice_core_data

" Nonetheless, recent work has tended to show that during deglaciations CO2
increases lags temperature increases by 600 +/- 400 years."

BTW  " deglaciations " are periods when the place is getting warmer.

.....  Phil

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Yet the poor glaciers continue to decline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retreat_of_glaciers_since_1850
I've stood on some of them in the Rockies and Alps and watched them melt
under my feet.

AGW? Solar? Whale farts? or Phil's Tea Leaves?, take your pick or invent
your own. Still sad to see though, I like glaciers.

Dave.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Happens EVERY year, with or without Global Warming. It's the *long term*
decrease that is the problem, and that's also happened a number of times in
the history of the world, even before we had 7 Billion people to help it
along!!!

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Of course, I was waxing lyrical a tad.
If you stood on a glacier and watched it melt and knew it was actually
retreating long term very quickly, you might feel the same way!

Yep, but no one knows for sure if it has happened this quickly before
though.
The 7 Billion selfish humanoids could very well be helping it along.
Bastards!

Dave.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

"COULD", you are joking that they may NOT be right?
And population is projected to reach 9 or 10 Billion by the middle of the
century or so. And nobody is even sure if it will decrease then or just keep
climbing.
Australia's current record level of population increase is certainly not
consistent with government claims we need to do something about climate
change, that's for sure! Still no sign of an end to Howard's baby bonuses or
immigration levels either!

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Of course.
Only a fool thinks we are not damaging this planet in untold ways.

There has to be some sort of resource-induced sustainable limit somewhere,
but no one knows where or how.
The problem is the developing countries are starting to find out how good
we've got it, so they want their big house, plentiful high quality food,
SUV, big screen plasma and broadband internet as well.

It's insane, no other word for it.
The problem is governments run countires like they run big businesses, you
gotta show that mythical X% compounded growth every year otherwise you must
be doing something wrong!

Dave.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Untrue. They are defintely the best, most reliable, most testable source
however. Tree rings are another, less reliable source. Moreover, Plimer is
unable to read the same ice core data he cites.

**Dream on. Ice core data is the most reliable data available for
temperatures stretching back several hundred thousand years. It may not be
perfect, but it is decent enough.

**It seems that Wikipedia is incorrect. Gee, that never happens.

**Before you defend Plimer and Simpson, I suggest this as some appropriate
reading material:

WARNING: This is a ~ 400kB .pdf file.
http://www.complex.org.au/tiki-download_file.php?fileId91 %

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**You really are a piece of work. You fail completely to supply anything
remotely resembling evidence and dance when you see someone using profanity
to make some kind of point.

Where is your evidence?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

That would be casting pearls before swine.  You would not know
'evidence' if it bit you on the bum.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**LOL! Still pissing in the wind I note. You don't supply any evidence,
because you are unable to do so. Your preference is to snipe. I'll just
continue to expose you for what you are. A bag of wind.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Agreed, its a total waste of time and effort.

Its about as pointless as trying to convince a nut case that he
"isn't" really hearing voices.  The rest of those in the room know
that there are no voices, measuring instruments can't detect any sound
but the nutter persists in their delusion, and gets mad at anyone who
doesn't agree with them regardless of any evidence laid before them.
There is no point.

In another time, he would be the one that immediately screamed "WITCH
WITCH WITCH" and order the fire stoked up when confronted with any
evidence that went against his beliefs.

He would be that boy that had his nappy pulled down in front of the
entire school, with his excrement on full public display.  He just
denies, denies, denies that it exists, he is right and everyone else
simply imagines what they see and smell, it isnt real.

"The grave is the only cure for the hunch backed."

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

"Roger Dewhurst"

** Nothing has any effect on TWs' thick head.

.....   Phil

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

No problem with that!

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**Your inability to present any evidence to support your claims is duly
noted.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Whereas your total evidence is a report by career bureaucrats?.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

**My evidence was supported by science.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Actually it is supported, in the main, by bureaucrats and academics
whose jobs depend on the AGW scam.  If and when the scam collapses there
will be thousands of them made jobless.  In addition to the bureaucrats
and academics feeding directly at the trough there are now numbers of
lawyers, accountants and sundry consultants who see a living to be made
in promoting the scam.

I am not optimistic that those feeding at the trough will ever
acknowledge that they are wrong even as the ice caps creep down over
Canada and northern Europe.  I am more optimistic however that the
general public, who are the inevitable losers as this scam continues,
will distrust the exaggerated claims of the warmers as these become
increasingly strident and bizarre.  When this happens the politicians,
or at least the smarter ones among them, will figure out where the votes
lie and what is needed for re-election.