Plasma question

Hi I got my Panasonic Plasma today, at present I don't have digital, so its
analogue.
So when I was watching some shows, were not full screen.
Also on nine, just Temptation was full screen, however when they went to an
ad break, the add was not full screen.

Is this all normal ? whats the problem?

I am getting Foxtel digital next week, with digital will it stop this
problem. ?
Thanks again

Re: Plasma question

reset things the way you want in screen menu

Re: Plasma question

Yes it's normal. The actual visible aspect ratio of the image changes
based on the source material used in the transmission.

Digital or analog is not your problem. The same thing will happen with
either.
On digital TV most stuff is 16:9 widescreen, but ad's, cartoons and
older shows are all 4:3, so you gets the black bars on the side.
On analog TV it's the opposite, most stuff is 4:3 but then some stuff
is presented in 16:9 widescreen do you get the black bars top and
bottom.
Some TV's can automatically adjust the picture to fit the screen, but
then the aspect ratio is wrong and it looks  horrible IMHO.

BTW, I've heard the Foxtel picture is crap quality, free-to-air HD is
much better quality. Just being "digital" does not make it good.

Dave.

Site Timeline