PIR sensors

In my quest to find cheap stuff I found that you can buy battery operated PIR
sensor lights from Ebay for less than $5.
The build quality isn't great, so you wouldn't trust them as primary sensors in
a monitored alarm system, but for the price and what you get, they are good
value.
The one I got works down to less than 1 volt and has duration, brightness and
light dark sensitivity adjustments.

Mike

Re: PIR sensors

I use them to trigger cameras to photograph birds. I hide them near
waterholes in the bush, and they sense even a small bird within half a
metre.

Re: PIR sensors
Replacing them every few months might be irritating though

--

Site Timeline