PIR sensors

In my quest to find cheap stuff I found that you can buy battery operated PIR sensor lights from Ebay for less than $5. The build quality isn't great, so you wouldn't trust them as primary sensors in a monitored alarm system, but for the price and what you get, they are good value. The one I got works down to less than 1 volt and has duration, brightness and light dark sensitivity adjustments.

Mike

Reply to
Mike B

I use them to trigger cameras to photograph birds. I hide them near waterholes in the bush, and they sense even a small bird within half a metre.

Reply to
T.T.

Replacing them every few months might be irritating though

--
Reply to
atec77