Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Piezoelectric energy harvesting
July 25, 2007, 4:20 pm
rate this thread
I am a student of ME. I am doing my final year project on
piezoelectric in shoes. Piezoelectric is located in shoes, while
walking, piezoelectric compressed and it generates an electric signal.
this electric signal is stored in capacitor in other words, this
electric signal charges a capacitor.
I need a piezoelectri for this application. which type of electric
suits? which specifications i need to buy it? do you have any idea ,
from where i can buy it online?
Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting
You need some sheets of piezoelectric plastic similar to that used in
microphones, then you could stack multiple sheets in your shoes to get
and current happening. From memory (Old Electronics Today International,
they used to metal coat mylar and then heat it up with an applied electric
field to "Trap"
an electric charge and render the plastic piezoelectric. The plastic is
less efficient than
crystal materials but not nearly as fragile. You may even be able to buy
window tint film and bake it yourself with the applied field to trap the
- » LED moving message display - interfacing problems! RS232
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under