Piezoelectric energy harvesting

Hi,

I am a student of ME. I am doing my final year project on piezoelectric in shoes. Piezoelectric is located in shoes, while walking, piezoelectric compressed and it generates an electric signal. this electric signal is stored in capacitor in other words, this electric signal charges a capacitor.

I need a piezoelectri for this application. which type of electric suits? which specifications i need to buy it? do you have any idea , from where i can buy it online?

Thanks.

Regards, Arjav Bavarva.

Reply to
arjav1ec

Well, the first step would be to find some good seeds. I imagine they would require full sun. How large the final piezos grow would probably be subject to regional weather conditions.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

You need some sheets of piezoelectric plastic similar to that used in electret microphones, then you could stack multiple sheets in your shoes to get some voltage and current happening. From memory (Old Electronics Today International, Australian edition) they used to metal coat mylar and then heat it up with an applied electric field to "Trap" an electric charge and render the plastic piezoelectric. The plastic is less efficient than crystal materials but not nearly as fragile. You may even be able to buy cheap aluminised window tint film and bake it yourself with the applied field to trap the charge.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

could you charge a greencap, charge it and then bake it, and use that ?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Yes....if you unrolled it flat and it was the right plastic, greencaps are polyester aren't they?.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Or he could just buy some existing gimmick shoes with piezo-powered flashing LEDS.

geoff

Reply to
Geoff