Piezoelectric energy harvesting

I am a student of ME. I am doing my final year project on
piezoelectric in shoes. Piezoelectric is located in shoes, while
walking, piezoelectric compressed and it generates an electric signal.
this electric signal is stored in capacitor in other words, this
electric signal charges a capacitor.

I need a piezoelectri for this application. which type of electric
suits? which specifications i need to buy it? do you have any idea ,
from where i can buy it online?

Thanks.

Regards,
Arjav Bavarva.

Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting

Well, the first step would be to find some good seeds. I imagine they would
require full sun. How large the final piezos grow would probably be subject
to regional weather conditions.
--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting

    You need some sheets of piezoelectric plastic similar to that used in
electret
microphones, then you could stack multiple sheets in your shoes to get
some voltage
and current happening. From memory (Old Electronics Today International,
Australian edition)
they used to metal coat mylar and then heat it up with an applied electric
field to "Trap"
an electric charge and render the plastic piezoelectric. The plastic is
less efficient than
crystal materials but not nearly as fragile. You may even be able to buy
cheap aluminised
window tint film and bake it yourself with the applied field to trap the
charge.

Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting

could  you charge a greencap, charge it and then bake it, and use that ?

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting

Yes....if you unrolled it flat and it was the right plastic, greencaps are
polyester aren't they?.

Re: Piezoelectric energy harvesting

Or he could just buy some existing gimmick shoes with piezo-powered flashing
LEDS.

geoff

Site Timeline