PIC Programmer suggestions

Gudday

Some observations:-

1. My Dell laptop only has USB
2. My USB to serial adaptor does not work with my PIC programmer or
opentracker boards
3. My desktop PC is fine to program my PIC's and opentracker using a "real"
serial port.
4. I really want some thing that is USB and can be used with MPLAB

Suggestions ?

Re: PIC Programmer suggestions

can you not get a serial card for your computer?

Gudday

Some observations:-

1. My Dell laptop only has USB
2. My USB to serial adaptor does not work with my PIC programmer or
opentracker boards
3. My desktop PC is fine to program my PIC's and opentracker using a "real"
serial port.
4. I really want some thing that is USB and can be used with MPLAB

Suggestions ?

Re: PIC Programmer suggestions

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid16%600
for MPLAB compatible,

or try one of my USB to Serial adapters:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid16%139
Full refund if it doesn't work, and returned in a re-sellable condition.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: PIC Programmer suggestions

I don't know about MPLAB, I use ATEN brand USB to RS232 converter (about $25
retail) and it works with a lot of gear (including Atmel development boards). I
bought tens of them for the company I work fpr and our distributors - so far no
one has complained that is not working. There are probably few other good
converters on the market.

Apparently PCMCIA RS232 adapters are the best but they also cost more.

Tom

Site Timeline