PIC Programmer Recommendations

Hi all

I wish to upgrade my 16F84 PIC Programmer (the Charles Manning one from EA, about 1996) to a new one which does all (Most) PICs. Can anyone recommend a USB type please? There have been several published in SC recently. Are any of these worth looking at?

Thanks for any input

Regards

Brian (Chopper) Playne

Reply to
Chopper

Have a look at:

and family

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html
USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Thanks Don

Does it do the 'F88?

--
Regards

Chopper
Reply to
Chopper

news

Thanks

I had a quick look at the Software. 16F84 & 88 not listed. Poor translation to English a bit of a worry

I was after advice on ones people have actually used & can recommend on that basis, not only because they have a vested interest in the product.

Regards

Brian

Reply to
Chopper

I just built me one of the JDM in-circuit programmers. The info is here:

and here:
I managed to stuff all the bits into a DB9 plug and I use this sucker to program the chip:
On your board, you have a 5 pin header that the programmer plugs into with lines to Gnd, Vdd, MCLR and RB6 & RB7. It means you can upload new code without having to wrangle the chip out of the circuit. I've only tried it on a 16F84A chip so far, but it seems to work OK.

Reply to
Poxy

I dont know whether the microchip programmer (picstart+) will fit your budget (i dont know what it costs) but it can upgrade itself to handle new devices as they become available. I think microchip now have a cheap USB programmer too.

Reply to
The Real Andy

That Olimex bunch I mentioned earlier do this USB programmer that works from MPLAB

US$80 + freight

Reply to
Poxy

All

recommend

Thanks for all the replies. Happy new year to all.

Regards

Reply to
Chopper

I was overseas by the time you asked this question, but am now back

yes it does the F88

Don...