PIC Micro & Midi

I have been searching google for circuit design ideas and programs which
will allow you to use a PIC to receive MIDI data. While I have found a
couple of older solutions I really need one for use with modern PIC chips
such as a 16F628A.

Does anyone have any prior experience with PIC chips and MIDI or any
pointers ?

thanks

Re: PIC Micro & Midi

2 seconds on Google for me gave many links like:
http://www.audiomulch.com/midipic /
http://www.swixo.com/midipic/index.html
http://chip.aeug.org/other.html

There seemed to be no shortage of info for PIC MIDI solutions.

What's wrong with solutions for "older" PICs?, they are equally
relevant for the "newer" PICs as well, probably only have to modifiy a
few lines of code.

Dave :)

Re: PIC Micro & Midi

Here is a 16F84 solution, very little should need changing for the
16F628A
http://www.callipygian.com/F84midi/index.html

Dave :)

Site Timeline