Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Photos: NBN Co network termination units

All-round telco commentator Michael Wyres was at a NBN Co briefing this week and took these shots of the company?s internal and external network termination units, which will be installed in homes and businesses.

Cheers Don...

===============

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

Why does the blog that report links to sound like a sales pitch?

Is it because after we've paid for it TWICE (once via taxes, the second by relatively expensive payments that should be cheaper), and an "unbiased" blog is the only way they're going to sell it?

Or is that just the pessimistic cynic in me talking?

--
Pet Store: Buy one, get one flea.
Reply to

John Tserkezis wrote

Because he wouldnt have been allowed to take the photos if it didnt.

No we didnt, we paid for the current broadband in our phone bills.

And they did become much cheaper.

They're going to try the much more effective route of ripping out the copper network instead.

The only choice you will have is the NBN or wireless.

Hopefully the ACCC will tell them to go an f*ck themselves on that and the clowns wont be able to get that thru parliament.

Just the ingnorance in you talking.

Reply to
Rod Speed

How hot does a heat sink have to get to require a "High Temperature" warning?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Thats a laser warning sticker. Not heat sink.

Reply to
Mr Mac

I beg to differ. There is a laser warning sticker there, but there is also one that is clearly marked "Caution High Temperature".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Ah yep you are right, I was looking at the first pic that shows a warning sticker on the outside of the box.

Reply to
Mr Mac

OMG, they want to put laser guns into our *homes*???!!!

Reply to
B J Foster

Already there in cd players and such.

Reply to
regn.pickford

Gosh!

Reply to
B J Foster

OK - a different take on this. If the heatsink gets hot enough to require a high temperature warning, and there's space for the label, why not just use a bigger heatsink?

Of course, it may still be hot enough to require the warning. In which case, do you make it smaller and even hotter in order to have room for the label?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Or the label doesnt take up any heatsink space, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

This is the Liberal Solution for Wireless Broadband

son of a bitch

On 9/02/2011 1:18 PM, son of a bitch wrote:

the labouring nbn design

--
Reply to
atec77

Maybe it was a requirement from the legal dept.

Reply to
B J Foster

On 9/02/2011 2:18 PM, son of a bitch wrote: ...

Labor's solution:

B J Foster

In the images as presented it certainly appears that the heat sink could have been made bigger, if the sticker weren't there, though I'll concede that that space may be occupied by the lid or base (depending on what we're looking at).

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Sylvia Else wrote

network termination units, which will be

warning?

There is no nice tidy number.

high temperature warning, and there's

do you make it smaller and even hotter

been made bigger, if the sticker weren't

You dont know that.

(depending on what we're looking at).

And you dont even know that a bigger heatsink that would still fit wouldnt have still required the label anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed