Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Photos: NBN Co network termination units

All-round telco commentator Michael Wyres was at a NBN Co briefing this week and
took these shots of the company’s
internal and external network termination units, which will be installed in
homes and businesses.

http://delimiter.com.au/2011/02/04/photos-nbn-co-network-termination-units /

Cheers Don...

===============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

 Why does the blog that report links to sound like a sales pitch?

 Is it because after we've paid for it TWICE (once via taxes, the second
by relatively expensive payments that should be cheaper), and an
"unbiased" blog is the only way they're going to sell it?

 Or is that just the pessimistic cynic in me talking?
--
Pet Store: Buy one, get one flea.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Because he wouldnt have been allowed to take the photos if it didnt.

No we didnt, we paid for the current broadband in our phone bills.

And they did become much cheaper.

They're going to try the much more effective route of ripping out the copper
network instead.

The only choice you will have is the NBN or wireless.

Hopefully the ACCC will tell them to go an fuck themselves on
that and the clowns wont be able to get that thru parliament.

Just the ingnorance in you talking.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units
How hot does a heat sink have to get to require a "High Temperature"
warning?

Sylvia.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Thats a laser warning sticker. Not heat sink.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

I beg to differ. There is a laser warning sticker there, but there is
also one that is clearly marked "Caution High Temperature".

Sylvia.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Ah yep you are right, I was looking at the first pic that shows a warning
sticker on the outside of the box.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

OMG, they want to put laser guns into our *homes*???!!!

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Already there in cd players and such.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Gosh!

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

OK - a different take on this. If the heatsink gets hot enough to
require a high temperature warning, and there's space for the label, why
not just use a bigger heatsink?

Of course, it may still be hot enough to require the warning. In which
case, do you make it smaller and even hotter in order to have room for
the label?

Sylvia.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units
http://delimiter.com.au/2011/02/04/photos-nbn-co-network-termination-units /

Or the label doesnt take up any heatsink space, stupid.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units
http://delimiter.com.au/2011/02/04/photos-nbn-co-network-termination-units /

In the images as presented it certainly appears that the heat sink could
have been made bigger, if the sticker weren't there, though I'll concede
that that space may be occupied by the lid or base (depending on what
we're looking at).

Sylvia.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

network termination units, which will be

warning?

There is no nice tidy number.

high temperature warning, and there's

do you make it smaller and even hotter

been made bigger, if the sticker weren't

You dont know that.

(depending on what we're looking at).

And you dont even know that a bigger heatsink that would
still fit wouldnt have still required the label anyway.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Maybe it was a requirement from the legal dept.

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

This is the Liberal Solution for Wireless Broadband
http://alturl.com/qys6a

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units
http://www.dsokids.com/athome/instruments/telephone.aspx ?
  the labouring nbn design

--

Re: Photos: NBN Co network termination units

Labor's solution:
http://www.debtclock.com.au /

Site Timeline