Photo sensor of barcode scanners

Do you know what sensors are used (specs, part number, supplier etc) on barcode scanners?

Roger

Reply to
<Roger Catwe>

You can get several types - laser, CCD/LED, and photo imaging. Depends on what, how, and how fast you want to read something.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Traditional barcode scanners that actually use a scanning laser in a multi- line pattern typically use a silicon photodiode. Nothing special - 1 to 3 mm square.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: