PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Dear Readers,
                       thank you all for the comments re my FAST
That's because I deliberately choose NOT to upload time consuming
Photo's !

However.. since I cannot please everyone ... I will glady provide
Photo's of these Spec'ys - simply Email your request & I will follow
up.

Thank you for all for your enquiries...

Cheers.

Alan.

Alan Devlin.

RF RESALE... where Honesty & Integrity are paramount !
Melbourne, Australia.

WEB PAGE URL  http://www.users.bigpond.com/alandevlin/index.html

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Hi Alan,
I can't see how a few 50KB photos would be a problem. You can put a
seperate link to the photo if you still want the main page to load fast
for those with dialup.

Try selling something on eBay without a photo, no one is interested.
Photos sell.

Regards
Dave :)

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

I agree Dave :)
A word is only worth a micro-picture.
If you ain't got pictures, you can't rock and roll in this game.
Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Actually, a thousnd micropicture or one millipicture accoerding the old Fred
R. Barnard quote: "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Cheers,
Alf

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

yes, but a milli-picture doesn't have a verbal ring, does it?  :-)
Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Alan, you can always provide links to pictures, and have the web site
load in much the same time.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Getting the basic HTML to load is independent of how long the photos take.
The web client loads the HTML first, then the photos.

You can also automatically put HEIGHT= and WIDTH= tags to help HTML
rendering, as I have done here:
http://www.float.com.au/scgi-bin/prod/about.cgi

gtoomey

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

   The HEIGHT= and WIDTH= tags only tell the browser what size to
display an image.  They don't do anything to the file size of the image,
so it actually takes longer to display the image at a specified size
because you have to download the entire image, then the browser has to
manipulate the image to fit the box you want to stick it in.  It also
works the other way.  You can have a 25 pixel by 25 pixel image and tell
it to display it 250 pixel by 250 pixel.  You end up with a large,
blocky image because each pixel is displayed 10 times in each direction.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

Yes, but I don't think that's what Gregory was talking about. He was
talking about setting width and height to the true width and height of
the image so that the browser can properly lay out the page before the
image is loaded.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

 Hey Alan,  I don't want to be too negative, but I think you're missing the
point if you think your website is good because it's "fast loading". I'm
going to be blunt - your website is a train crash. The opening page has
poorly-formatted text, starting out in ugly light-red, then alternating
between black and red.

All of the image links on the index page are broken - hint: you need to
create a subdirectory called "indexredirect_files" and throw "dog.gif" and
"hacker.gif" into them, or correct the image source tags.

The item pages suffer from the same random, distracting and unstructured use
of colour, font size and weight. I'd suggest you do a little study on the
use of tables, and look at how other sites structure their information so as
to make it easily scanable.

You do have great gear on offer, your business has value and deserves to do
well, but you are selling yourslef short with an amateurish-looing web site.

Oh, and pictures would be of genuine value, and you can use techniques such
as thumbnailing to keep load times down.

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

the

Yes, it looks like a very bad example from a decade ago. Check out what
others are doing.
Thumbnails and the proper use of .jpg compression ratios are the key to
adding photo's for dial up users.

Fix the text, colors, and layout first though!

MrT.

Re: PHOTO's : 500/1000 Mhz Spec'ys

I've got to agree with those comments.

I'm sure we'd all love to see some photos on there Alan, it would make
people want to browse around and salivate over the gear on offer. I
know I would.

A program like Irfanview can make thumbnails in a snap and resize all
your images for fast loading. It can even generate HTML pages for you.
A small thumnail for each item with an enlargment when you click on the
image would be ideal.

Dave :)

Site Timeline