Phono pre-amp

I am looking for a cct for a simple preamp running off 12VDC to boost
the o/p of my phono cartridge so that it can be used as a line-in
source on the s/c of my PC. I have a large lot of vynil records that I
am going to burn to CD.

TIA

Peter

Re: Phono pre-amp

Also needs RIAA equalisation.

Rod

Re: Phono pre-amp

How deep are the OPs pockets?

Re: Phono pre-amp

http://sound.westhost.com /

--

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

Re: Phono pre-amp

"jo770" < snipped-for-privacy@xtra.co.nz

**  Is it beyond the comprehension of a sheep shagger to use the "rec out"
signals from the stereo amplifier that goes with that phono system  ??

..............  Phil

Re: Phono pre-amp

top post, flame expected. see below.

//crap snipped

Is it beyond your comprehensive facility to understand that the OP has a
turntable, that needs both preamp and riaa equalising.

Do you personally have ANY experience with de-clicking, de-popping and
rejoining treasured, irreplaceable vinyls?

Your total value input to the the thread has been NULL, as usual.

Do you just lurk here for fun and profit?

jo770. there are lots of preamps around. Cheapest case, do as electricile
above suggested, plug turntable into an amp with phono inputs, then use the
tape loop on the amp to connect to your soundcard.

You'll also need some software, I like Soundforge, others like DiamondCut.

hth

Rob

Re: Phono pre-amp

jo770

finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a recent design:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30616/article.html

It comes in two parts, the power supply and the preamp. DSE sell the
preamp section (no transformer) for about $19:
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/42800ed7088776da2742c0a87f9c0753/Product/View/K5402

- Franc Zabkar
--

Re: Phono pre-amp

to keyboard and composed:

Wes Components sell the SP-24A phono preamp. It comes in a shielded
box and includes a power pack. IIRC, the price was $30 to the trade.

Otherwise there was a kit designed by Silicon Chip magazine. It
doesn't run off 12VDC, though.

See http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30616/article.html

- Franc Zabkar