Phono pre-amp

I am looking for a cct for a simple preamp running off 12VDC to boost the o/p of my phono cartridge so that it can be used as a line-in source on the s/c of my PC. I have a large lot of vynil records that I am going to burn to CD.

TIA

Peter

Reply to
jo770

Also needs RIAA equalisation.

Rod

Reply to
Rod

How deep are the OPs pockets?

Reply to
Bazil

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Wing Fong Wong

"jo770"

** Is it beyond the comprehension of a sheep shagger to use the "rec out" signals from the stereo amplifier that goes with that phono system ??

.............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On 9 May 2005 12:04:13 -0700, "jo770" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Wes Components sell the SP-24A phono preamp. It comes in a shielded box and includes a power pack. IIRC, the price was $30 to the trade.

Otherwise there was a kit designed by Silicon Chip magazine. It doesn't run off 12VDC, though.

See

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

top post, flame expected. see below.

//crap snipped

Is it beyond your comprehensive facility to understand that the OP has a turntable, that needs both preamp and riaa equalising.

Do you personally have ANY experience with de-clicking, de-popping and rejoining treasured, irreplaceable vinyls?

Your total value input to the the thread has been NULL, as usual.

Do you just lurk here for fun and profit?

jo770. there are lots of preamps around. Cheapest case, do as electricile above suggested, plug turntable into an amp with phono inputs, then use the tape loop on the amp to connect to your soundcard.

You'll also need some software, I like Soundforge, others like DiamondCut.

hth

Rob

Reply to
Robert Murphy

jo770

On 9 May 2005 04:39:53 -0700, "mrcreosote" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a recent design:

It comes in two parts, the power supply and the preamp. DSE sell the preamp section (no transformer) for about $19:

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Robert Murphy