phone line powered lighting

http://www.uxsight.com/product/38943/led-telephone-rj11-powered-table-reading-light-lamp.html

Amazing stuff. If only life was that easy.

Re: phone line powered lighting

http://www.uxsight.com/product/38943/led-telephone-rj11-powered-table-reading-light-lamp.html

Stealing usually is if you have no moral qualms - until you get caught.

Sylvia.

Re: phone line powered lighting

Telstra do it every minute of the day,
- and indeed have no moral qualms, but I have yet to see any
punishment.

Re: phone line powered lighting

In what way do they commit the criminal offence of stealing?

Sylvia.

Re: phone line powered lighting

I think it was a cynical view of Telstra's fee charging policies ;-)

One of my colleagues had the idea of setting up an array of these lamps
over a solar cell which is connected back into the grid - thereby
selling Telstra's electricity back to the power company!

It's debatable as to whether the break-even point would occur before the
cease & desist order ;-)

--
Chris.

Re: phone line powered lighting

http://www.uxsight.com/product/38943/led-telephone-rj11-powered-table-reading-light-lamp.html
It doesn't say anything about connection to phone lines, it is infered by
the RJ11 socket.

Very little power is available when the phone line is on-hook  (regs say
40uA over 30min average)

When off-hook current availble can be up to typically 90mA.  But is the
light only on when in the off-hook mode?

Does it meet the ACMA requirements for connection to a telephone line in
Australia?

Hmmm sounds dodgy.

Joe

Site Timeline