Phone battery

I put a generic battery in my phone and from then on it would not charge
over 85%
Just put a different battery in and it now does,what is built in to the
old one to cause the limitation?

Re: Phone battery

could just be smaller than the phone expected.

--
     ?

Re: Phone battery

Some charge protection circuitry issue or issue with the battery itself
maybe.

Re: Phone battery

Charge protection on the battery sounds right. It's stopping charge at maybe
4.15v and the phone wants to charge to 4.25v (fill in your own numbers..).
Hence the phone thinks it's only 85% charged.
--
Shaun.

Re: Phone battery

If the battery metering is done by circuitry in the phone, possibly
the battery chemistry is slightly different and it charges to a
lower voltage. It could also be resistance on the battery contacts.

If the metering is done by the battery circuitry, then it may be a
mistake in the communication system it uses to talk with the phone.

Either way it sounds like the mob who made the battery didn't really
care.

--

Site Timeline