Peltier devices

Got 3 yrs on the one to my left where I keep chilled gatorade on - off $2.30 peltier.

I use an analog supply and a switching supply on two differing applications.

The switcher is more efficient however any ripply no matter how small will lead to dramatic inefficiency to the point as to make the whole deal less than worthwhile.

I use a capacitance multiplier after the switcher and give away about 70 millivolts in order to achieve the greatest possible efficiency.

Reply to
Wayne Chirnside

I also downloaded the youtube video using some firefox add-on, the name of which I can't recall or find now that the latest version of FF doesn't give me a proper list of installed add-ons. Haven't watched it yet though.

The Aliexpress page that I ordered my thermostats from had some basic instructions that I cut'n'pasted into a text document (at end of messge). That way I don't need to watch a video to work out how to programme it. It's written in 'Chinglish' but is decipherable;

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Connect the power supply and the load, you can supply to the controller,Is displayed as a measured temperature,Press the SET button, the display flashes the temperature,Press + - to set the desired temperature,After setting press SET to confirm return,The controller automatically performs the relay by setting off!

Lights, LED status descriptions:Indicator: Off The relay is switched off, Always indicate the relay is closed.LED: Shows LL is the sensor open, showing HH is out of range, the thermostat will be forced to close the relay, the display --- as high temperature protection.

Parameter Function:Long press SET 5 seconds to enter the main menu settings, press the + - toggle P0 ... P8 long press SET or 10 seconds of no key activity confirmed their return to the controller

Code Code Description Setting range Factory setting

P0 Cooling /Heating C/H C

P1 Hysteresis setting 0.5-15

2

P2 Highest setting upper limit 110

110

P3 Lowest setting upper -50

P4 Temperature correction -7+7

0

P5 Delay start time 0-10 Minutes

0

P6 High temperature alarm 0-110 OFF

Off state, long press + - boot to restore the factory settings

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
~misfit~

I don't think they work very well at all at less than 100%. Why don't you just buy one (they won't break the bank) and find out for yourself?

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Well they naturally don't work as well, but for temperature regulation that's the idea. They are often implemented to run at varying voltages and achieve their task well.

Some issues can be unclear when simply testing as you suggest, such as life expectancy. In any case, he decided what he was going to do some time ago now.

--