Parramatta launches Australia?s first 5G Wi-Fi network, with speeds up to 100Mbps

FTTN after 8 years is a rubbish exercise already my Liberal MP's are saying Campbelltown will be completed because the contracts are already signed

Macarthur Liberal MP Russell Matheson has given assurances that suburbs around Campbelltown would not miss out if the Coalition wins on September 14.

--
Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/AbbottsPorkPies

Your copper wire is intact and less than 300 metres from exchange A

to verify would be good

--
Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/AbbottsPorkPies
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

I doubt they will myself, essentially because it will turn out to cost more than FTTP even right now, just because its is rather more difficult to do than a clean break with the copper system.

That?s very arguable given how long the copper has lasted for.

Sure, and maybe even initially too.

Terminally stupid IMO.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But it remains to be seen if he's just another lying politician...

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope 1.8Km as the crow flies, probably the actual wire distance is nearer to 3Km. Speedtest is a useless abortion, actual figures for the link itself from the modem are:

Model: Billion BiPAC 7800N Link uptime: 11 days 4 hours 55min

Uplink speed: 1063Khz SNR: 8.6dB attenuation 4.3 Downlink speed: 21383Khz SNR: 6.1dB attenuation 13.0

If you want to know how fast your *link* is check your modem and don't use a piece of crap like speedtest, at best it is affected by many other factors.

Reply to
keithr

You shouldn't live around Campbelltown if you can't take a joke.

Reply to
keithr

I'd be very surprised if the modem gives link speeds as a multiple of kiloHertz, rather than kilobits per second.

--
Lifelong resident of Adelaide, South Australia
Reply to

is simple to use and accurate enough
Get suspicous of speed claims without the image

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Be as suspicious as you want, speedtest does not give any indication of the speed of your ADSL link, it just shows how fast you can either extract data or pump date into a particular server. You should be able to work out for your self why that is not a valid indication of ADSL speed. The only way to check that is looking what your modem sees.

Reply to
keithr

picky, you know what was meant.

Reply to
keithr

Exactly! I live 16,710Km from Australia's largest city and I get

120Mb/s dead easy!
Reply to
Frank Slootweg

I have a "Windows Gadget"

Tells me the upload downlod speeds confirms speedtest is not wrong

--
Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/AbbottsPorkPies
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

We could, of course, always wait for some hypothetical better technology that's coming in the future. It would certainly be cheaper, because we'd never implement anything.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I doubt anything will. After all, in the last say 100 years, all we have really seen is copper pairs, coax, wireless and fiber.

There may be another show up, but I doubt it will be in even 20 years.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Don McKenzie schrieb:

Hello,

fibre has a minimum wavelength and a maximum frequency of the transmitted light, therefore the fibre has a maximum capacity. We are today not able to reach this maximum capacity, but it exists anyway.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Yep, 20 years sounds bit too ambitious for a newer technology to wireless and fibre optics. After all, wireless and fibre optics aren't that new. It's been around for ages, we are simply starting to implement it in a wider scale.

Reply to
Damian