Panasonic TV Service Menu

I have an elderly Panasonic TC-29V26A,  Chassis M16M which has served me
well for many years. This model was called "The One Up" I believe. I wish to
make a small adjustment to reduce the vertical overscan.
Can someone please tell me if there is a service menu I could access, and
how to get to it if it exists.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bill.

Re: Panasonic TV Service Menu

let me know if any of these work

Panasonic
EURO-1
CTV
Service Mode
In Sound-Menu Low-tone-regel to MAX and
High-tone-regel to MIN. Press VOL- on TV
and RESET on RC in some time.
Select:
red
and green buttons.
Adjust:
yellow and blue
buttons.
Store:
'STORE'.
Exit:
switch off.
Panasonic
EURO-2
CTV
Service Mode
In Sound-Menu Low-tone-regel to MAX and
High-tone-regel to MIN. Press 'F' button on TV.
Then press VOL- on TV and REVEAL on RC in
some time.
Select:
red and green buttons.
Adjust:
yellow and blue buttons.
Store:
'STR'.
Exit:
'N' on RC.
Panasonic
MX-3
MX-3C
CTV
Hotel Mode
ON:
Press simultaneously 'OFF TIMER' on RC
and 'CH.UP' local.
OFF:
Press simultaneously 'OFF TIMER' on RC
and 'VOL-' local.
Panasonic
MX-3
MX-3C
CTV
Service Mode
Simultaneously press 'RECALL' on RC and
'VOL-' local. Exit: 'NORMAL' on RC.

I have an elderly Panasonic TC-29V26A,  Chassis M16M which has served me
well for many years. This model was called "The One Up" I believe. I wish to
make a small adjustment to reduce the vertical overscan.
Can someone please tell me if there is a service menu I could access, and
how to get to it if it exists.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bill.

Re: Panasonic TV Service Menu

My TV doesn't have many of the control buttons in the access codes you
listed. It is really getting to be an old clunker now.

Thank for your kind effort to help.

Bill.

Re: Panasonic TV Service Menu

Oh silly me, I am sure the M16 does not have a service menu come to think of
it,

Just a Vertical pot somewhere on the chassis, but it sounds like a
Electrolytic in the frame stage is getting a high ESR, and that is maybe
affecting the linearity and reducing the height.

My TV doesn't have many of the control buttons in the access codes you
listed. It is really getting to be an old clunker now.

Thank for your kind effort to help.

Bill.

Re: Panasonic TV Service Menu

Yer blood is worth bottlin!

I had a sneaking feeling that this chassis was just on the cusp when service
menu's were being talked about but yet to be implemented. I don't mind
getting in the back there but I would have kicked myself if I had found no
vertical size adjustment.  The set has always overscanned and I thought it
was about time to make those circles round instead of slightly oval. ( I
remember the old hot chassis drill, so I will be reasonably safe)

Many thanks for the info.

Bill.

Re: Panasonic TV Service Menu

There was a Vertical Centre and a Vertical Amplitude easily adjusted on the
rear centre of the chassis. The old BBC testcard "F" showed me the way
things needed to go, and then a final tweak to round using a conveniently
sized breakfast plate as a guide. Easy as   - - - -.

Nostalgia running out of my ears!

Thanks.

Bill.

P.S.
A couple of tiny holes in exactly the right place on the rear cabinet means
that if it ever needs adjustment in the future, a suitably filed knitting
needle will do the job nicely.

Site Timeline