Panasonic Plasma fault

Ho ho ho, my Plasma has died.
A Panasonic TH-42PV60A

The fault looks like this:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/PanasonicFault25.jpg

A back bar down the right side with a white stripe. Rest of the image is
perfect.

It'll go to a local TV service dude in due course, would just like some
expert opinions on the likely prognosis?

Rarely gets any use, just a few hours a week at most. Not quite 3 years old.

Not under warranty of course.

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

"David L. Jones"

** No it hasn't.

** Errr  -  a strip of back "gaffa" tape will fix that one !!

    Dude  !!!!!!!!!!!

BTW

Santa brought me a Rigol DS1052E for Xmas.

One very neat piece of kit.

The FFT function and the counter with period mode for
continuous 6 digit resolution are killers.

The Chinese character instruction booklet is priceless !

....  Phil

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

Well, ok, it's sick, it has to go to the toy hospital.

Well, yeah, kinda. But it would suck if say the twin suns on Tatooine became
just the one sun instead.

I like Santa!
Does Santa use eBay?
Can't believe the price is now almost half of what I paid for mine.

Yeah, for the price it's pretty darn neat.

I prefer good Chinglish myself.

Dave.

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

I actually saw that done on a LCD or plasma type monitor in a bar a
few months back.
When I asked, that was the reason given, to hide a faulty part.
Ingenious :)

Trust me, you will love it :)

90% of what I have used it for so far has been microcontroller
development stuff,  on which its brilliant and a real time saver.

Discovered too that if I left it on and wasn't in the workshop, the
fan on the side became a cat cooler.

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

Hi,
perhaps these may help, even though a different brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NPobj0_GSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITd6Ahdi4s0

Cheers
Greg

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

My LG 42PY10X had a similar problem, a red line down the left side, I
don't know whether Panasonic use the LG chassis, I believe that several
manufacturers do. Mine was caused by the control board which is
notorious for having bad joints on some resistors. My original idea was
to resolder the joints until I found out that there were 144 surface
mount resistors involved, and without a microscope or a workshop manual
to localise the problem I didn't want to spend the time redoing 288
surface mount joints, so I bought an upgraded board for $190.

It took about1.5 hours to change the board, no soldering, just a lot of
screws and connectors.

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

**Did you receive my email?

--