Palsonic 3498 TV info needed

   A mate of mine's Palsonic 3498 TV had a power supply fault which
sent the main B+ voltage massively high. He's corrected that fault,
but now the vertical output stage is pulling very high current and has
taken out a fusible resistor.
   I'm trying to help him by phone and e-mail. Has anyone experienced
this fault before, and can tell me to tell him which components are
probably cooked, or alternately got a schematic of this TV to speed up
the process?
   Thanks! :)

Cheers
Bob

Re: Palsonic 3498 TV info needed

here is a forum web site for those types of questions
http://forums.hcsd.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

Hi,
[...]

Hi Bob,

My notes show experiences with conductive yoke wedges and shorted
turns in the yoke as a result.

cheers, Sam T

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:50:06 +1000, Bob Parker

Re: Palsonic 3498 TV info needed

   Thanks for your help, Frank and Sam. I knew the HCSD forum was
there, but I haven't looked for a very long time and largely forgot
about it. Some good info there.
   I'll pass on your info to my mate. :)

Cheers
Bob

Re: Palsonic 3498 TV info needed
What is the vertical output IC?

   Thanks for your help, Frank and Sam. I knew the HCSD forum was
there, but I haven't looked for a very long time and largely forgot
about it. Some good info there.
   I'll pass on your info to my mate. :)

Cheers
Bob

Re: Palsonic 3498 TV info needed

   My mate's got the TV and I don't have a schematic, so I don't know
offhand. Apparently it's got discrete vertical output transistors, one
of which is shorted E-C. He's planning to replace it this weekend.

Bob

Site Timeline