PAL Australia and UK

Hi

Will video games encoded with PAL (UK) standard be OK here.
Apparently Australia uses PAL B/G and UK uses PAL-I but not sure what
difference there is or whether it is significant.

Thanks
Glenn

Re: PAL Australia and UK

This might help

http://www.howtoconvert.co.uk/howpali2palbg.htm

If the only difference is the sound intercarrier it may be worth examining
the TV sound demodulator, it may be as simple as replacing a ceramic
resonator and peaking a couple of IFTs.

A while back someone brought me a big American TV, it had a PAL/NTSC switch
under a flap on the front but they couldn't get any sound - I simply added a
6MHz resonator in parallel with the 5.5MHz one on the SIF board and tweaked
the nearby IFT.

Re: PAL Australia and UK

This page gives tech details.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Contrib/WorldTV/broadcast.html

Re: PAL Australia and UK

Games or consoles? The answer is yes they will work. You would be hard
pressed to find a TV that would not work with NTSC let alone the different
pals.

Re: PAL Australia and UK

"MisterE"

** The differences between UK and Aussie PAL only  EXIST  when considering
RF modulated or broadcast signals.

As composite video signals ( normally on RCA plugs & sockets)  they are the
same -  ie 625 line, 50 Hz  PAL.

Strange how so many folk are terminally confused on the issue.

......   Phil

Re: PAL Australia and UK

Thanks all... my son was keen to try it anyway, and it wasn't pricey,
so it's on its way from the UK.

Looks like I should have no problems.

Cheers
Glenn