PAL Australia and UK

Hi

Will video games encoded with PAL (UK) standard be OK here. Apparently Australia uses PAL B/G and UK uses PAL-I but not sure what difference there is or whether it is significant.

Thanks Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

This might help

If the only difference is the sound intercarrier it may be worth examining the TV sound demodulator, it may be as simple as replacing a ceramic resonator and peaking a couple of IFTs.

A while back someone brought me a big American TV, it had a PAL/NTSC switch under a flap on the front but they couldn't get any sound - I simply added a

6MHz resonator in parallel with the 5.5MHz one on the SIF board and tweaked the nearby IFT.
Reply to
ian field

This page gives tech details.

ian field

Games or consoles? The answer is yes they will work. You would be hard pressed to find a TV that would not work with NTSC let alone the different pals.

Reply to
MisterE

"MisterE"

** The differences between UK and Aussie PAL only EXIST when considering RF modulated or broadcast signals.

As composite video signals ( normally on RCA plugs & sockets) they are the same - ie 625 line, 50 Hz PAL.

Strange how so many folk are terminally confused on the issue.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks all... my son was keen to try it anyway, and it wasn't pricey, so it's on its way from the UK.

Looks like I should have no problems.

Cheers Glenn

Reply to
Glenn