Oxygen Free Cables

It was indeed published in an april edition of EA or ETI back in the

80's. Where I worked at the time, we got MANY laughs reading that one. (especially since at the time we knew such a "fanatic" who was such a perfectionist in everything, he would probably have tried it !)

particularly the part where "nylex premium garden hose provides an extra octave" (i think) over the cheaper stuff

I assumed this was an april fools joke at the time, I hope I wasnt wrong !

Reply to
KLR

I dont know the name of the car(s) either, but you can pick them out by the 'Alarm Installed' stickers on their windows, and the racket they make when the bonnet is lifted without turning off the alarm

David

Fred At Home wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

**No. Every car alarm system I've ever seen (which is far from all of them, BTW) uses a regular, N/O push switch for the bonnet. OTOH, every motorcycle alarm I've ever seen (which is not many) uses mercury switches for position sensing.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Fred At Home"

** TT = Tantric Tosser !!!!!!!!!!!

A title that will go down in infamy - if I ever saw one !!

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:45:49 +0930, Kissing Lettuce put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'd settle for oxygen free DVDs and CDs. Does anybody know where I can find some?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I'd settle for Phil being oxygen free, perhaps fred too

Reply to
Eric

But don't they breathe methane?

Reply to
Ayn Marx

I would expect the methane to be a byproduct of their speech.

They inhale good oxygen and give off methane.

Reply to
Eric

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:21:44 GMT, Eric put finger to keyboard and composed:

Oxygen starvation is not a cure-all. Certain organisms, including pathogenic types, can survive by anaerobic respiration.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

So now we know how the pathogenic little twerp survives in that place.

Reply to
Ayn Marx

You are in good form today :)

Reply to
Eric

*** I'LL SHOW YOU!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!! One of these days...

........... Phil (who is hiding)

Reply to
Psycho-boy

On 13 Jul 2005 16:45:16 -0700, "Ayn Marx" put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you mean *that* place, then the primary survival mechanism would be coprophagia.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the laugh.

The phrase Chutney Ferret also comes to mind.

Reply to
Eric