Oxygen Free Cables - Page 2

Re: Oxygen Free Cables

I recommend the use of mercury filled garden hose for that
fine fluid sound.....    :-)

Pure "Irish Joke" Insanity

"Patric"  =   Pat Scully  aka  " the Irish Joke "

 **   FYI

Mercury has 58 times more resistance than copper for the same cross
ection  -  making it one of the poorest conductors of all the metals.  Pure
Silicon and Germanium are the worst.

Plus mercury is very toxic.

And this   *** Congenital Fuckwit ***  actually tried to make speaker leads
of mercury  ????

 BTW   Wasn't that mad idea published as a joke one April in  ETI  or EA ??

..........     Phil

Re: Pure "Irish Joke" Insanity

that
indeed a good
tube, with
mercury to "wet"
you might
the cable
unable to find a
uptrying!
same cross
the metals.  Pure
make speaker leads
in  ETI  or EA ??

So all those Mercury switches in use don't work eh?  Aren't
they are used on everything from car hoods to bombs.  Shame
they don't work.

TT

TT is a chronic li@r!

Car hoods? Do you mean bonnet?

This is Australia not the USA! Name just one car that has a mercury type
bonnet switch???

You are so unbelievably ignorant. The only common use for mercury switches
of late was room thermostats! Did you bother to actually read Phil's post?
Is English not your native language. Drinking all that ATF has had a
negative effect on your cognitive processea and you suffer from chronic
bullshititus.

Re: TT is a chronic li@r!

I dont know the name of the car(s) either, but you can pick them out by the
'Alarm Installed' stickers on their windows, and the racket they make when
the bonnet is lifted without turning off the alarm

David

Re: TT is a chronic li@r!

message

**No. Every car alarm system I've ever seen (which is far from all of them,
BTW) uses a regular, N/O push switch for the bonnet. OTOH, every motorcycle
alarm I've ever seen (which is not many) uses mercury switches for position
sensing.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: TT is a chronic li@r!

"Fred At Home"

 **   TT   =   Tantric Tosser  !!!!!!!!!!!

 A title that will go down in infamy  -  if I ever saw one  !!

..........   Phil

Re: Pure "Irish Joke" Insanity

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:41:50 +1000, "Phil Allison"

It was no joke....many years ago...(late 1980's) mercury inteconnects
and speaker leads were made...and they worked....

But many observers/carefull listeners  felt that the top end was
gently rolled off...
To others this suited their hard sounding  systems...

In the name of Synergy, many strange things are made possible.

Re: Pure "Irish Joke" Insanity

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:41:50 +1000, "Phil Allison"

It was indeed published in an april edition of EA or ETI back in the
80's.  Where I worked at the time, we got MANY laughs reading that
one. (especially since at the time we knew such a "fanatic" who was
such a perfectionist in everything, he would probably have tried it !)
particularly the part where "nylex premium garden hose provides an
extra octave" (i think) over the cheaper stuff
I assumed this was an april fools joke at the time, I hope I wasnt
wrong !

Re: Oxygen Free Cables

An easy way to tell Oxygen rich cables is "They turn Green".
Copper oxide (or sulphate) is an insulator therefore the
copper *has* to be oxygen free or it just don't work.

Bit like Ford saying "New Falcons made from Oxygen free
steel".  Duh!  Who would buy a rusty car?

Think about it.

Cheers TT

Terence the Tosser Bullshit alert

Thanks for misleading this NG once again Terence the Tosser. There is copper
and oxygen free (a misnomer as it is actually very low residual oxygen
copper) copper, but no such thing as "oxygen rich" copper. Oxygen free
copper is created under a near vacuum where very little oxygen is present.
Copper is akin to Aluminium in that the corroded surface is thin and very
stable.

Your predisposition to making shit up when you don't know something is
becoming a tad boring TT.

Re: Look at all the fuckwits jumping to the defence of a liar

"Fred At Home"

**  For any audiophool  -  doing that is as automatic as defending one's
wife, children, dog etc ....

............    Phil

Re: Look at all the fuckwits jumping to the defence of a liar

Since you have no wife, children, dog, post a picture of your "etc".

:
: Since you have no wife, children, dog, post a picture of
your "etc".

etc = "Electrical Trainee Certificate" perhaps?

TT :-))

Re: Look at all the fuckwits jumping to the defence of a liar

http://store.palmone.com/sm-palm-harmon-kardon-soundstick-ii-piece-speaker-system--pi-2011135.html

Re: Look at all the fuckwits jumping to the defence of a liar

Ok group it appears we now have 3 foul mouthed trolls.

See what happens when you tolerate one - more appear.

Regards TT

He He look at the pig-ignorant fascist making a fool of himslef again.

What a hypocrite you are TT. The majority of your posts are NOT audio
related. You spend most of your time criticizing others who are far more
knowledgeable than yourself. Face it. Do you enjoy being a pig-ignorant
fascist?

Re: He He look at the pig-ignorant fascist making a fool of himslef again.

Well 'Fred'.I you're not PA in drag you sure have mastered his turn of
phrase to a remarkably accurate degree.

Re: He He look at the pig-ignorant fascist making a fool of himslef again.

Well 'Fred'.If you're not PA in drag you sure have mastered his turn of
phrase to a remarkably accurate degree.

Re: He He look at the pig-ignorant fascist making a fool of himslef again.

..... and you madam, have a terrible stutter.

Site Timeline