OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

The round ones apparently give you a better shave because they pull before
they cut, but I hear they can irritate your skin more.

I have always used the long ones but I dont think they cut as well....

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

I prefer the rotary ones (philishave), definitely work better for me.
the "wire mesh" type ones I found didnt work well at all for me.
Neither will shave as smooth as a flat blade razor though.

For the first week or so of use the philishave did irritate parts of
the skin (would go red in parts), but since then, no problems.
Obviously the skin adjusts to it with time.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

The current Braun work best for me, the way the head wobbles around
(ahem!) seems to get the best effect.

But then I've been a Braun user for more than quarter of a century,
before that a three-head Philishave, which was fine with new blades but
they just didn't seem to last long, and before that a Remington of some
sort.

I also have a result-of-the-RoHS cheapie battery powered Braun as well,
that works quite well, even when the batteries are starting to sag.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

The new Schick 4 blade unit comes with battery powered vibration, which
beats the others hands down.
Not exactly electric but when you get irritated by just mentioning
electric razors, theyre the answer.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

I am/was a blade person. I hate shaving so I decided recently to check
out electric shavers. After talking to a sales person, I decided to
avoid the Philips rotary shavers as I am prone to shaving rash. I
ended up spending $300 or so on a Braun 8000. Whilst not as good as a
blade, it is not far off once you learn to drive it. I have been using
this for 6 months or so now and I cant ever imagine going back to
blades. It is so much more convenient, and being rechargeable (3 weeks
between charges) I can use it in airports with no mucking about. I am
now sold on electric shavers!

All I can say is that for most ppl its impossible to tell the
difference visually between blade and electric. Its all personal. When
you are in business, the benefits of electric shavers far outweigh
that of blades.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

At $300 They are not the answer.
it appears to me you only buy them because you're promised a great
shave, and then go back to blades.
A bit like being conned, and never going back again.
In the meantime they've sold thousands of these things that dont
deliver. A bit difficult to make a consumer claim of these.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

I'm a Philishave rotary man (well for the last 40 years) too.  I
tried a few others including one of the early Panasonic wet
shavers but it just would not work for me.  I have also found
out the hard way the more expensive Philishave work better than
the cheaper ones (the cheaper ones seem to have less powerful
motors as well as only a single ring of cutters).

--
Regards
Blue

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

See http://iavbbs.com/gflinn/ a poll on the best and worst
electric shavers.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

    It's much less trouble (and cheaper) to have a beard....

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

I have never bought one before, so perhaps i was conned. I did the
maths on a mach 3 v a $300 braun and i can assure you that the
electric braun has paid itself on in 12 months. Infact, considering a
mach 3 blade is good for only about 3 shaves, the braun gets me 18
months before blade replacement i think the electric shaver wins.

Now add to that, when you travel for business, the electric shaver is
a lot more convenient. You can also have a shave without a bathroom.

So IMHO the electric shaver that cost me $300 is a bargain. It may not
suit everyone, but it works for me.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

My $50 Remington DF-56 Wet'n'Dry Sport Shaver has lasted more than a
decade, so even more of a bargain. Only need to replace the cutter
head and screen every few years, and have only replaced the batteries
once. Lasts ages on one charge too so you can take it on holidays for
a few weeks and not bother with a charger.

Dave.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or the long ones

Every time I think electric shavers I think of Gary McDonald (Norman
Gunston) and the interview he had with this American women, when asked
why he has tissues all over his face he said he cut himself shaving, and
she said "why dont you use and electric shaver" he replied " I do"
Every one cracked up badly after that....

Actually you would think some shaving company would use this as an
advertising gimmick. >>>Well dont you worry Braun will stop this from
happening.<<

But Me, no way. I get irritated by the accumulated fungal crap that
appears to get left behind. Even when properly cleaned. It appears you
need to steam clean them to fix that.

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

   Or learn to wash your face properly before you shave.

prove it.
Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

Who said he was shaving his face ?  ;)

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

   I think that would fall under the "Don't ask, & Don't tell" rules.

prove it.
Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

Lets face it, even Rudd has been to the place...

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

Spot on. I work at a place of pleasure.!

Re: OT: which electric shavers do you like - the round ones or thelong ones

Crap that happens once a year, and not before it needs it.

Site Timeline