OT: Water Usage

We just had our home water usage monitored for two weeks with a TinyTag. We use an average of 102.5L per person per day. Matches up pretty close to what we had on our bill. So we use about half as much as the average Sydney household which is around 200L per person per day. The data is quite fascinating.

How much water do others use?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones"

** How to SAVE on your home water consumption

- the David L. Jerkoff way:

  1. Spend all day at work, use their toilets and wash basins, use their hot water for tea and coffee.

Use their shower facilities too.

  1. Eat out at real lot, or get takeaway food and eat from the containers.

  1. Have no kids.

  2. Use a Laundromat for all clothes washing.

  1. Have no garden that ever needs watering.

  2. Use car washes.

  1. Go away on weekends, visit relatives and friends a lot.

  2. Take all your holidays overseas.

  1. Take no baths.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Two people, 720 Sq m of land. Pool (55,000 Litres), fish pond (4,000 Litres) and garden (SWMBO is a very keen gardener). No water tank (yet - I'm building one under the house). 229 Litres per day. The average for a single person Sydney household is 239 Litre per day. I figure that after I attend to pool evaporation, a water tank and some other issues, I may be able to halve our existing usage. FWIW: All my neighbours have water tanks and except for one we use less mains water. That family has 50,000 Litres of water storage and another 45,000 Litres of on-site sewerage treatment. Very impressive (and expensive) stuff. I don't think they use any mains water (family of 5 - 6). 102.5 Litres per day is pretty good. It is close to what we use and I know how difficult that is.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

135 l/day/person but the garden is starting to look sad. (melbourne)
Reply to
geoffjunkster

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

115L/person/day is excellent without a tank.

I should have added that we do have rainwater tanks. One dedicated to the washing machine, and another dedicated to garden watering etc. Two person house on 756sqm, no pool, one small fish pond, 2 sizable gardens with drip systems, and another two just online this week. Will have to check the figures on what we saved on average with the washing machine conversion (I think it's around 40L/wash).

Apart from the washing machine we just do the usual - low flow shower heads, efficient toilet and dishwasher, short showers. We don't consider ourselves excessively frugal in water use. I like my occasional hot bath after a long days canyoning :)

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

The in-laws also had their home tagged for the same period.

2 people (one stays home), water tank for garden use - a whopping 295L/ person/day!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Not if you vege garden, unless your water tank is like your neighbours.

Reply to
terryc

Work all day do you Phil? - I'd like to see that. LOL

I doubt if you shower anyway. They do call you Philthy Allison, don't they?

When you cook you weep don't you?

Oh well, just as well. The world don't need any Philthy clones does it?

You checked those drag stripes on your undies lately Phil?

Neither have you in that bed sit flat Phil.

You don't own a car or have a driver's license, so where's your point?

Now that wouldn't be anything that you'd engage in would it Phil? After all you don't have any friends do you?

Phil, you'd need a passport for that, and I doubt if you'd be able to get one.

See point 1 (2nd part).

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge