[OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

Can anyone name a brand and source?
OT as I'm using them for  insulation over plumbing, but figured it might
have been a problem someone here had solved across before.

T.I.A.

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

** Farnell  (aka Element 14) have a range of  UV safe ties.

.....  Phil

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

I thought all the black ties were UV resistant, I could be wrong.

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties
you are correct

--

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

Sadly not.

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

You could use stainless steel ties, although expensive in comparison and you
need the correct tool to do the job properly and neatly (also pricey of
course).

James

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

Easier and far cheaper just to use a strip of wire.

Re: UV resistant Zip Ties

They are.

I have in the past used them outdoors, but after a few years they do
fail. This does not appear to be from UV though as they aren't brittle
or powdery (typical of UV damage), they just seem to cleanly break and
fall off.

The ones in question were the standard ones from WES. No data is
available.

As mentioned in other posts, checking out Farnell, RS, Haymans , and
getting ones specifically for outdoors (or whatever use you have in
mind) would be a good idea.  Plumbing suppliers might have a specific
product for your exact purpose.

UV damage to white ties seems to be in the form of them going brittle
- usually going brown. You disturb them and they fall apart.

Re: [OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

Burndy. Ty-Rap. etc. Available at any electrical wholesalers along with
plenty of advice and samples.

Site Timeline