OT: thoughts on this 'powerpot'

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 15:08:03 +0000 (UTC), news13 blathered on in:

Inclined to agree:-)

Yup - nil advantage, really, though there's a 'space' factor in there.

therein the problem. A compressor driven machine drawing similar will generally do better than the solid state stuff insofar as what it 'costs' to run. Lately we've come to realize that the majors are actually taking the trouble to build their more mechanically complicated product well enough to run reliably for well over their warranty times and then some. OTOH since we've had absolutely shit peltier stuff pushed at us for so many years, now no-one out there is prepared to believe they're worth buying...eva. And that's even if there are some decent examples of the marque out there.... somewhere. Of course Waeco/Dometic and similar would dearly love to get their peltier stuff to top of consumer mind - it's pretty obvously well cheaper to produce and a bonus price point is there for the taking - just under the mini-compressor-powered stuff for a similar performance level. I, for one, aren't playing. The yardstick? If product literature suggests pre-chilling the stuff you're about to need to keep cool - it's not getting my 'ardearned.

--
Toby
Reply to

Yep, we have an Evakool; 7-L camping fridge/freezer that draws 5A@12V and will definitely freeze soft drink bottles of water.

A lot have compressors these days, if electric only. Somehwere on myswag.org is a project by a bloke who built his own freezer (?)/fridge with compressor and glycol(?)

Parents have had a string of those little things and after the first warm stuff event, mum started treated them just like an esky with pre-frozen blocks of stuff in them. Eventually she got dad to realise they were a waste of money and they have returned to a simple esky now.

Reply to
news13

I thought it was something other than a gas.

Reply to
news13

Lol :)

And you know your welding gases. Yeah, right :)

Regards,
Noddy.
Reply to
Noddy

Yes Noddy(the welding gas and grange hermitage wood duck), I know MY welding gases, but you have never told us why you have yours, just a copy & paste of BOC info.

Reply to
news13

As I've explained to you before Terry, and as you've failed to grasp a few times now, if you didn't understand what I said to you initially then repeating it continually is *not* going to kelp you "get it".

Just give up. You don't have a clue....

Regards,
Noddy.
Reply to
Noddy

Lol, the welding gas wood duck has been trolled and caught again.

Reply to
news13