OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

Before I take these to the tip is anyone interested in obtaining either TI895e
or TI810 dot matrix printers? I hate to chuck out stuff if someone can use it.

emailto: snipped-for-privacy@SPAMbigpond.net.au (remove SPAM)

Re: OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

They are still useful to someone who wants to make carbon copies in
triplicate

Re: OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

Oh dear, I think I have half a box of four part and a couple of boxes of
two part. OTOH, I still have the NEC P5200 & 6300 for that.

Re: OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

Were they the massive four colour ribbon dot matrix jobs?. I used to fix
the switchmode supplies on these often for government pay offices that
used them for cheque printing in the 90's.

Re: OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

No idea on the TI, but all my current three dot matrix  (+ Leir Siglier
noisy bastard line printer) are all simple black ribbons, which I have
the device to re-ink (if the bottle hasn't dried out). I've only ever
handled one multi-colour ribbon and that was in some tinny basic Star
9pin dot matrix printer.

I wonder who was the lucky company with the supply contract for those
multicolour ribbons.

Site Timeline