OT. Texas Instruments printers for disposal

Before I take these to the tip is anyone interested in obtaining either TI895e or TI810 dot matrix printers? I hate to chuck out stuff if someone can use it.

emailto: snipped-for-privacy@SPAMbigpond.net.au (remove SPAM)

Reply to
Ross Herbert

They are still useful to someone who wants to make carbon copies in triplicate

Reply to
F Murtz

Oh dear, I think I have half a box of four part and a couple of boxes of two part. OTOH, I still have the NEC P5200 & 6300 for that.

Reply to
terryc

Were they the massive four colour ribbon dot matrix jobs?. I used to fix the switchmode supplies on these often for government pay offices that used them for cheque printing in the 90's.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

No idea on the TI, but all my current three dot matrix (+ Leir Siglier noisy bastard line printer) are all simple black ribbons, which I have the device to re-ink (if the bottle hasn't dried out). I've only ever handled one multi-colour ribbon and that was in some tinny basic Star

9pin dot matrix printer.

I wonder who was the lucky company with the supply contract for those multicolour ribbons.

Reply to
terryc