OT: So it WAS the Google Van

Back in August I posted about a mysterious GPS van outside my house.
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52
Turns out it WAS the GoogleVan after all. My house just popped up on street
view, and the shadow of the car on the ground macthes exactly what I saw.
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/GoogleVan.jpg
I must have peeked out the blinds a few seconds after this.
They just had to map it during ugly front yard construction too.

Dave.

Re: So it WAS the Google Van
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

If you'd been quicker you could have brown-eyed it !

geoff

Re: So it WAS the Google Van
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

Google almost certainly have automated brown-eye detection and masking
algorithms to go along with the face recognition :->

Dave.

Re: So it WAS the Google Van

http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

one can always hope that the algorithm wouldnt be perfect and one would slip
through the crack.

Re: So it WAS the Google Van
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

   This guy at an office party tries to photocopy his arse,
the problem was that is was a moving glass platen copier
and he over balanced it off the table and onto the floor
where he smashed the glass platen, and the rest of the
copier.

Re: OT: So it WAS the Google Van

http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

   Good thing you weren't out in the yard naked. ;-)

Re: OT: So it WAS the Google Van

:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/GoogleVan.jpg
:I must have peeked out the blinds a few seconds after this.
:They just had to map it during ugly front yard construction too.
:
:Dave.
:

I just wanted to see if replying to your post on this new thread was still
causing the body of your post to disappear from my screen, and I can happily say
that it doesn't... it only happened on the 1kW solar pv thread for your posts
after May 7... strange.

Re: OT: So it WAS the Google Van
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/62a995aaca552e52

So it WAS the Google Van
http://tinyurl.com/pucbc6

:-)

more shadows:
http://blog.pengxiao.net/2009/01/google-van-hits-deer /

--
Don McKenzie

Re: OT: So it WAS the Google Van

Thats what they get for driving on the wrong side of the road ;).

Terrible when it happens, late last year while doing 100 I hit a good
size kangaroo at night in the car.
It came out so fast, there wasnt even time to lift my foot from the
accelerator. Fortunately it was not going up in the air, but coming
down low when it hit, therefore going under the car and leaving bits
of hair and blood everywhere when I looked later.

Otherwise could have ended up through the windscreen.

Re: OT: So it WAS the Google Van

You got off lightly.

When they did my house, it was

1>on rubbish collection day, so there were bins everywhere in the
street pics

2>house was being built across the road, and the builders had left
plastic pipes, cardboard crap on footpath outside MY house,

3>Concretors just happened to be there that day to put in a path for
me, and they were visible along with all their trucks, trailer and
gear.

At least the grass had just been mowed.

Site Timeline