OT: So it WAS the Google Van

Back in August I posted about a mysterious GPS van outside my house.

Turns out it WAS the GoogleVan after all. My house just popped up on street view, and the shadow of the car on the ground macthes exactly what I saw.
I must have peeked out the blinds a few seconds after this. They just had to map it during ugly front yard construction too.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

If you'd been quicker you could have brown-eyed it !

geoff

Reply to
geoff

Google almost certainly have automated brown-eye detection and masking algorithms to go along with the face recognition :->

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

one can always hope that the algorithm wouldnt be perfect and one would slip through the crack.

Reply to
Nector

Good thing you weren't out in the yard naked. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

:Back in August I posted about a mysterious GPS van outside my house. :

:Turns out it WAS the GoogleVan after all. My house just popped up on street :view, and the shadow of the car on the ground macthes exactly what I saw. :
:I must have peeked out the blinds a few seconds after this. :They just had to map it during ugly front yard construction too. : :Dave. :

I just wanted to see if replying to your post on this new thread was still causing the body of your post to disappear from my screen, and I can happily say that it doesn't... it only happened on the 1kW solar pv thread for your posts after May 7... strange.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

This guy at an office party tries to photocopy his arse, the problem was that is was a moving glass platen copier and he over balanced it off the table and onto the floor where he smashed the glass platen, and the rest of the copier.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

So it WAS the Google Van

:-)

more shadows:

Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/super4-usb-relay-module.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

et

You got off lightly.

When they did my house, it was

1>on rubbish collection day, so there were bins everywhere in the street pics

2>house was being built across the road, and the builders had left plastic pipes, cardboard crap on footpath outside MY house,

3>Concretors just happened to be there that day to put in a path for me, and they were visible along with all their trucks, trailer and gear.

At least the grass had just been mowed.

Reply to
KR

reet

w.

Thats what they get for driving on the wrong side of the road ;).

Terrible when it happens, late last year while doing 100 I hit a good size kangaroo at night in the car. It came out so fast, there wasnt even time to lift my foot from the accelerator. Fortunately it was not going up in the air, but coming down low when it hit, therefore going under the car and leaving bits of hair and blood everywhere when I looked later.

Otherwise could have ended up through the windscreen.

Reply to
KR