OT: Sanyo Vacuum Cleaner Failure

Sometimes simply asking to escalate (or whatever keyword) works, this happened recently almost by accident, as I didn't realise the call centre operator's training was so tightly restricted to certain keywords. So if one didn't ask the right way, they seemed unhelpful.

Going to the top can do wonders, but it may result in a confused situation for some time too, as people scramble to fix issue as well as satisfy their bosses things really are under control.

Companies need stirring at times to get service. Though some companies so busy they don't care about 'threats', you actually do have to have the industry ombudsman involved and wait months for satisfaction.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

I found that managers I got after a case escalation were often rude and not helpful. Then I just hung up, found out who the big honcho was and hunted for the contact info. This information is often closely guarded but can be found. Sometimes it's as simple as trying to find public tax filings with stock exchange authorities, patent applications, and so on. Sometimes they are a member in a sports club.

Oh, they sure did care. Except one board of elected officials who thought they ruled the universe and could have us and a lot of other people over the barrel. Some press exposure and a certified letter in hardcore legalese later they very suddenly became super-friendly. Now I really don't like doing that and have done it only once, but it had to be done.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.