OT: Plastic Moulding/Casing Kits?

I know this is off topic, but don't really have anywhere else to ask .. If i was planning to create a certain shape, moulded in plastic, are there any kits avaiable to do this in the comfort of my home? Basically, for prototyping. Once a design is made, it would be sent for manurfacturing, just know there is going to be a lot of revision of the design as the project evolves, so the ability to recreate relatively cheaply and easily would be very handy.

Any kind of plastic would be fine, no particular characteristics is needed, especially for the prototyping .. hard plastic of any form .. whatevers cheapest I guess :)

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Lord-Data

Just an update, fiberglass is not an option, sorry, should have mentioned that :)

Thanks ;)

Reply to
Lord-Data

Unless you're planning on spending around US$26k for a 3D printer, you'd probably be better off using polystyrene sheet to develop the basic shape, then add bits, or remove them as neccessary.

Reply to
dmm

If the shape isn't complex, could you use vacuum formed?

Reply to
dmm

I hope following links help

Regards,

Kutaj Vamor

Here's a link to a book about styrene modelling.

dmm

Is that something one can do at home by any chance, with a kit or something? The shape is indeed non-complex ..

Reply to
Lord-Data