OT: Overly complicated technology that doesn't work

RE: there is nothing left to innovate

Yes IP laws are just corporate guard dogs these days

ALL copyright should be 2 years!

We should be able to download XP, Lady Gaga, and Revenge of the Nerds by now!

You have to wait 100 years after someone's death to use a phrase that they coined!

There has to be a COMPROMISE between the File sharing brigade and the corporate copyrighters

If you want NEW media then you can pay

2 years old and it should be free to download, use as you wish!
Reply to
Graham Cooper

I'm sure that, like most of your contemporaries, you have contributed to some of the changes we have seen over the last forty years.

However, I have to offer some strong support to your wife! Four words out of seven is a significant part of your argument. You said "Now days I do not see as much innovation. I fear we have run out of forward thinking minds. Is this generation spoiled and complacent?". How can you possibly justify that based only on the contributions to existing technologies that you have cited?

I provided an example of a major, recent shift in technology that you chose to ignore.

Reply to
David Segall

have to download everything twice because there's no way to find recent files have to click 20 directories every time you upload have to scroll past WINDOWS and MICROSOFT and OFFICE links to run EXCEL which is under STARTER EDITION have to search to find Accessories set as background does exactly that - never accomplishes setting the background image most menus are disabled there's MY_DOWNLOADS DOWNLOADS USER/../DOWNLOADS which is never the same download directory clicking on MY_DOCUMENTS asks for a system password DESKTOP moves around the directory structure half the time it's under FAVORITES it still can't multitask IE freezes even though the page has mostly loaded I click View Images and the prompt is DO YOU WANT TO SEE ..... just the secure images... and the correct response is NO

I don't even program on the thing I just view the internet and that's

20!

As I said, you're incompetent.

Reply to
Clocky

Use a match.

Reply to
Clocky

As in he can't even count to twenty.

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

issues

much the

rk

doesn't

rm to

hat the

if

can

ancy,

s of

reets

What the hell's this link for, Bradley? Are you one of those anti- bluetooth weirdos? Bluetooth rocks, it would be in everything if I were running the show!

You just weight until I can type with both hands again, Bradley, you'll keep.

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

he issues

y much the

work

or doesn't

larm to

that the

do if

u can

fancy,

tes of

streets

I can't weight, I'm on a diet.

I like Bluetooth. Bluetooth makes everything better. But that said I have to wonder about the people wandering the supermarket aisles and still wearing their BT earpieces. Do they think they look cool, like Uhura? Does it make them appear more important? Do they need to be totally connected and always ready to answer that call? It might be the Lotto people with good news I suppose. Why can't they just wait for the phone to ring then put it on?

Reply to
Brad

the issues

tty much the

t work

nsor doesn't

alarm to

ve that the

tat

o do if

you can

ng fancy,

tates of

e streets

..

he

oo

They're w8ing for Barbara Eden's voice to whisper in their ear, "Your coffee is now at your preferred drinking temperature, master." But it's not happening because THEY are not making bluetooth-equipped coffee mugs, because THEY think THEY know there is no market for them, but THEY ARE SO WRONG! (The earpieces are a bit trekkie-esque, I agree, but there's more to bluetooth than those things.)

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

Not a fan of Win 2K? I thought it was a huge improvment over 9x in terms of stability.

Reply to
Jeßus

silicon is 14 an isotope of carbon used for age determination weighs 14 which is where you probably got it, thats what I thought of off the bat :-)

silicon and carbon are group 14

'Element 14' ? possibly something significant , or not

Reply to
| || ||| ||||| || |

Stability yes, but not so much features for the average home user. XP changed that.

Reply to
Clocky

er

it

it

lf

ch

. I

ce

st.

it

on

in

tely.

urse not,

t.

ment

,

But if

on.

you

on

That's all nice and dandy, but typing out a nearly 2000 word essay to simply backpedal on your statement that you made earlier that you were employed by NASA at age 7 as a fully qualified electronics engineer for the Mercury Space Program isn't doing you any favours.

Reply to
Coach

You have been Coached by the Hypodermic Coach. :-) Don't let it get under your skin.

Reply to
| || ||| ||||| || |

sani.net...

=A0But if

ed to

tion.

n.

me you

d on

I will never understand why lonely bored anonymous old men will always try to convince total strangers on usenet of their alleged "abilities" and "achievements". Who do they think they are kidding? This guy reckons he was employed by NASA at 7 years of age, and now in his

60's, he's trying to justify his life achievements to total strangers on a tv dating site. I shake my head.
Reply to
Coach

I will never understand ... I shake my head.

----------------- That explains it.

Reply to
| || ||| ||||| || |

How is that going to work?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Dunno about your oven, but when the ignitor failed on our old oven you could turn the gas on and use a match to light it.

Dunno on our new oven, haven't tried it.

Reply to
Clocky

Probably not. If it's like mine, it has a flame sensor, and turns the gas off after a limited period if the flame is not detected, so there's no gas for the match to ignite.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

could