OT It's all a Bloody con......... - Page 5

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

I didn't mean that the life expectancy would be reduced, but that
there's at least a good chance that one lamp will blow the first time
you turn the pair on.

Yes - if they manage to reach it before one fails. My concern relates to
imbalances during the turn on period.

I agree that they would be close for similar globes. But are they close
enough to avoid unbalanced heating where the difference in the rate of
heating is itself a rising function of temperature difference.

As something of an aside, some may be interested in the explanatory
statement for the regulation amendment, which runs to 165 pages.

http://tinyurl.com/8q9um9

<http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/A6EA10AE02CEC6D0CA257522007CA0D0 /$file/F2008L04627.pdf>

Sylvia.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Gee, I wonder why NOBODY in this newsgroup had never thought about
that before?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Works but causes a noticeable flicker unfortunately.

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

That's a rectangle, you idiot.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

And how did you know that it was the lamp that had blown and not some other
control fault etc........?

Site Timeline