OT It's all a Bloody con......... - Page 2

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

     Excellent question. People should watch 'The Greenhouse Conspiracy'
and 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' (both available as torrents).
     Then maybe the idea would start to sink in that this planet's
long-term climate has never been static and is in a state of constant
change all by itself, regardless of the relatively very minor effects of
CO2 in the air. And humans started taking temperature records around the
time the planet was exiting one of its cooler periods.

     Exactly. The planet can only support a finite number of humans and
other species. Humans want/intend to keep breeding to infinity.
Eventually a crisis point will be reached. In fact we're probably
already there.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

I think we passed it long ago.

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

I was speaking in the context of the 'EnviroSaver' scheme (in which, it
appears, domestic users are *paid* to reduce their 'carbon footprint'
while businesses are forced to *pay* to reduce theirs).

Or we could all become voluntary herbivores.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Which is good in winter, not so good in summer if you don't have daylight
savings.

Partly offset by the extra purchase cost, and the need to leave them on
more.
Frankly they both suck, standard FL Tubes and LED lamps are better.

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1107290/Revolt-Robbed-right-buy-traditional-light-bulbs-millions-clearing-shelves-supplies.html

You seem to have all the answers
How do you get rid of the stuffed lamps?
The light out put is awful for house interiers.
Is the magnesium oxide a danger when they break?
They don't fit many existing fittings.
And I beg to differ conventional lamps (not bulbs) do produce efficiecient
light. Albeit you pay for what you get.
Next thing they'll be banning Vegamite ..................

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

some claim this... must have got crap ones.

It's used in bulk as an antacid and laxative.

Ban Vegemite, buy kiwi made Marmite.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1107290/Revolt-Robbed-right-buy-traditional-light-bulbs-millions-clearing-shelves-supplies.html

Put two of the bloody things in the garage.
completely useless, unless you wait 20 seconds for them to fully glow.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1107290/Revolt-Robbed-right-buy-traditional-light-bulbs-millions-clearing-shelves-supplies.html

If you were Springy you could root your mrs 4 or 5 times while waiting

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Not only that but if your power is from coal the conventional light bulb
will probably end up putting out more mercury from the coal ash, its
debatable how much of it 'gets out there' in eco systems etc.

What  I HATE about this whole CFL thing is that people think they are
actually making a difference. Last time i checked australia would save
something like 800,000 tonnes per year by changing over. Our monthly
INCREASE in coal burning is far beyond this. ie. we delayed global warming
by about a week. Yets it's advertised that you should 'go green' by changing
your lightbuls etc. yeah right... thanks for your insignificant contribution
everyone.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

It's an Illuminati thing...

HR

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........
By banning these old light globes, you can guarantee there will be a
"black market" for them.

Instead of costing 60 UK Pence, they will not cost 5 UK POUNDS.

A good way to make money.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Are we in the UK?? I had to look out the window to double check.

HR

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

What will they cost then?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Who knows, but he is right, (even if by accident) they *won't* cost 5UK
pounds since that would make other options (like LED lamps) more economic.
(well maybe they will for a very few die hards with more money than sense.
There's always some of those!)

The even less efficient halogen down lights aren't being phased out just
yet, so the likely outcome may in fact be negative rather than positive for
the environment.

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

The value in it is probably more in training people to think green, which will
have flow-on effects to public opinion on all matters green.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

buy-traditional-light-bulbs-millions-clearing-shelves-supplies.html

When compact fluorescent light bulbs become conventional, will we call
them conventional bulbs?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

They won't become conventional.  The whole process will be a dud.
Imagine traffic lights that neec 20 seconds to warm up?  It simply
won't work.  It's false economy.  Sure, you save a little on
electricity, but then you waste electificity on other stuff like when
you open the fridge.  You have to wait 20 seconds or more before the
fridge light warms up and you can see what you want in the fridge.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

And old ones don't.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Yes, old ones use incandescents that blow regularly. I know because I've called
VicRoads 12 times in about the last six months to report blown globes in just a
4km x 1km square of Melbourne.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Presumably every single incandescent traffic signal including train
level crossings will have to be converted to LED's before November
this year.  I doubt that the legislators have thought this whole thing
through because it would be logistically impossible to replace EVERY
single incandescent lamp before then.  I have a new LG fridge and
oven, and BOTH have incandescent bulbs.  I asked the sales person when
LED's or even flouro's would be available and he said there is no part
number in his order book.  Does that mean I have to switch my less
than one year old fridge and oven off until such time as LG builds and
supplies the new bulbs?  How will I keep my beer cold after November?
How will I heat my party pies?   Will I be forced to starve to death?

Site Timeline