OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Who knows, but he is right, (even if by accident) they *won't* cost 5UK pounds since that would make other options (like LED lamps) more economic. (well maybe they will for a very few die hards with more money than sense. There's always some of those!)

The even less efficient halogen down lights aren't being phased out just yet, so the likely outcome may in fact be negative rather than positive for the environment.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Of course it's ridiculous, *somebody* has to pay for them!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Why should anyone pay for this fairy story about "man made climate change". ?

IF it was true, they would be limiting, taxing births - thats about the only practical way to stop this "problem".

Reply to
kreed

-

re

And old ones don't.

Reply to
TG'sFM

Yes, old ones use incandescents that blow regularly. I know because I've called VicRoads 12 times in about the last six months to report blown globes in just a

4km x 1km square of Melbourne.
Reply to
DavidW

e:

ight-

called

just a

Presumably every single incandescent traffic signal including train level crossings will have to be converted to LED's before November this year. I doubt that the legislators have thought this whole thing through because it would be logistically impossible to replace EVERY single incandescent lamp before then. I have a new LG fridge and oven, and BOTH have incandescent bulbs. I asked the sales person when LED's or even flouro's would be available and he said there is no part number in his order book. Does that mean I have to switch my less than one year old fridge and oven off until such time as LG builds and supplies the new bulbs? How will I keep my beer cold after November? How will I heat my party pies? Will I be forced to starve to death?

Reply to
TG'sFM

Excellent question. People should watch 'The Greenhouse Conspiracy' and 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' (both available as torrents). Then maybe the idea would start to sink in that this planet's long-term climate has never been static and is in a state of constant change all by itself, regardless of the relatively very minor effects of CO2 in the air. And humans started taking temperature records around the time the planet was exiting one of its cooler periods.

Exactly. The planet can only support a finite number of humans and other species. Humans want/intend to keep breeding to infinity. Eventually a crisis point will be reached. In fact we're probably already there.

Reply to
Bob Parker

next month it's only the pear-shaped ordinary incandescent lamps that are banned (and only from import, retail ban in november).

there is no date planned for phase-out of lamps below 15W.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

My fridge bulbs are 40watts.

Reply to
TG'sFM

What's ridiculous is what's inside your head! School starts again soon. Hopefully we'll be rid of you and your stupid posts then.

Reply to
blofelds_cat

ote:

-right-

ve called

in just a

How bizzare! You actually wish DEATH upon someone because they don't want to change the bulb in their fridge? Geez, you must have led a protective life so far.

Reply to
TG'sFM

You can save electricity by removing the bulb, that way it won't use power when the fridge door is closed.

Reply to
Davo

That's a rectangle, you idiot.

Reply to
=?iso-2022-kr?q?=1B=24=29C=0E=

Or just make sure the door switch works.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

We know that won't apply to you since you obviously never went to school.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

ing

hen

r?

h?

Not a bad idea, but what about the incandecant light on my Breville sandwich maker? It has a red light to tell me it is heating, and a green light to tell me when it's cooked. If I remove them (as required by law after November) will the sandwich maker still work? The same applies to my Kenwood electric jug, although it only has a red light to say when the thing is still boiling water. If I remove that bulb (as required by law after November) will it still boil water or do I have to resort to ice coffee?

Reply to
TG'sFM

I think we passed it long ago.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I was speaking in the context of the 'EnviroSaver' scheme (in which, it appears, domestic users are *paid* to reduce their 'carbon footprint' while businesses are forced to *pay* to reduce theirs).

Or we could all become voluntary herbivores.

Reply to
=?iso-2022-kr?q?=1B=24=29C=0E=

Almost certainly a neon, not incandescent, and yes, it will still work.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Iced coffee.

Ice coffees are found in the freezer aisle; iced coffees are in the refrigerated drinks sector.

Hope that both helps AND informs.

Reply to
=?iso-2022-kr?q?=1B=24=29C=0E=