OT It's all a Bloody con.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1107290/Revolt-Robbed-right-buy-traditional-light-bulbs-millions-clearing-shelves-supplies.html
You're right !

This is an off topic post.

Conventional light bulbs are not efficient at producing
light, they are miniture heaters.

The CFL are designed for maximum light, with reduced
power wastage.
Sure there is mercury in them, and they dont work with
dimmers, but they save a whole lot
of money on electricity!

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

They might technically save money on electricity, but the unaffordable
upfront cost and the fact that people will leave them on 24/7 because
they take too long to warm up will negate any positives.  I'm going
back to candles and kerosene lamps.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Possibly, yes.  You are forgetting that ALL incandesent globes are
going to be banned from November this year.  This includes the brake
light globes in your car.  So instead of you instantly seeing red
brake lights when the car in front hits the brake, you will only see
it 20 seconds or so AFTER the brakes are applied.  This WILL lead to
more tail ender accidents, and as you suggested, it WILL cause many
more road deaths.  This isn't the trivial issue you first thought is
it?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Possibly, yes.  You are forgetting that ALL incandesent globes are
going to be banned from November this year.  This includes the brake
light globes in your car.  So instead of you instantly seeing red
brake lights when the car in front hits the brake, you will only see
it 20 seconds or so AFTER the brakes are applied.  This WILL lead to
more tail ender accidents, and as you suggested, it WILL cause many
more road deaths.  This isn't the trivial issue you first thought is
it?

LOL. LEDs make fine indicator lights, many vehicles and traffic lights
already use them. They're just as visible as incandescents, and less prone
to failure.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

is a prime example...

LED tail lights and brake lights will much react faster than glow-wire lights.

OT

Possibly, yes.  You are forgetting that ALL incandesent globes are
going to be banned from November this year.  This includes the brake
light globes in your car.  So instead of you instantly seeing red
brake lights when the car in front hits the brake, you will only see
it 20 seconds or so AFTER the brakes are applied.  This WILL lead to
more tail ender accidents, and as you suggested, it WILL cause many
more road deaths.  This isn't the trivial issue you first thought is
it?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........
o.fr> is a prime example...

FFS, can't you tell sarcasm when you read it?  And besides, you're a
top post, so you're in no position to label others as fools.  While on
the topic of top posting, if you can't control how you post, what
OTHER bodily functions can't you control?  I hope you don't live near
a primary school or day care centre.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........
it's OT

What on earth are you talking about?
20 seconds???

Incandescent tail lights are being replaced by LED's. LED's are MUCH
faster than the incandescents they replace, and more reliable.
Cars have had center LED brake lights for more than a decade now,
haven't you noticed?

Dave.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

There is no effect on 12volt  (in fact less than 220volt) bulbs until at
least 2015 by which time most if not all automotive lamps will be LED or
something better.

John G.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

By then cars may be computer controlled so we'll have no need for
lights on our cars.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Will pedestrians be computer controlled as well?

Sylvia.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Why would there still be pedestrians?  Surely robots could go out and
do whatever pedestrians do these days.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

I think one or two NG posters are controlled by computer. Are they not TG?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Well, the jury is still out on that one.  Some people believe me to be
a bott, but others think I'm too smart and witty to be a bott, so they
think I'm a real human being.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

No Dave, I haven't noticed.  I've had the same car for over 20 years,
and ALL the lights are the incandescent - the same as they were when I
bought it.  I think I would have noticed if someone put in a centre
LED light a decade ago.  I'm not that stupid that I wouldn't have
noticed.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

b...

From whom?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

right-

Driving out to your home to replace the light bulbs enables EnviroSaver
to "create" carbon credits, which it then sells to businesses to offset
their emissions.

What a ridiculous scheme.

And why shouldn't individuals purchase carbon credits to offset their
domestic emissions?

And what about people who run home businesses?

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Of course it's ridiculous, *somebody* has to pay for them!

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

What's ridiculous is what's inside your head! School starts again soon.
Hopefully we'll be rid of you and your stupid posts then.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

We know that won't apply to you since you obviously never went to school.

MrT.

Re: OT It's all a Bloody con.........

Why should anyone pay for this fairy story about "man made climate
change". ?

IF it was true, they would be limiting, taxing births - thats about
the only practical way
to stop this "problem".

Site Timeline