OT GW - Page 10

Re: OT GW

The fallacy is, btw that you assume that CO2 is a primary driver of
climate. Data indicates that it hasn't been for a long time.

e.g.
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364682611002872

    A shared frequency set between the historical mid-latitude
    aurora records and the global surface temperature

    Nicola Scafetta

    Abstract

    Herein we show that the historical records of mid-latitude
    auroras from 1700 to 1966 present oscillations with periods
    of about 9, 10-11, 20-21, 30 and 60 years. The same
    frequencies are found in proxy and instrumental global
    surface temperature records since 1650 and 1850,
    respectively, and in several planetary and solar records. We
    argue that the aurora records reveal a physical link between
    climate change and astronomical oscillations. Likely in
    addition to a Soli-Lunar tidal effect, there exists a
    planetary modulation of the heliosphere, of the cosmic ray
    flux reaching the Earth and/or of the electric properties of
    the ionosphere. The latter, in turn, has the potentiality of
    modulating the global cloud cover that ultimately drives the
    climate oscillations through albedo oscillations. In
    particular, a quasi-60-year large cycle is quite evident
    since 1650 in all climate and astronomical records herein
    studied, which also include a historical record of meteorite
    fall in China from 619 to 1943. These findings support the
    thesis that climate oscillations have an astronomical
    origin. We show that a harmonic constituent model based on
    the major astronomical frequencies revealed in the aurora
    records and deduced from the natural gravitational
    oscillations of the solar system is able to forecast with a
    reasonable accuracy the decadal and multidecadal temperature
    oscillations from 1950 to 2010 using the temperature data
    before 1950, and vice versa. The existence of a natural
    60-year cyclical modulation of the global surface
    temperature induced by astronomical mechanisms, by alone,
    would imply that at least 60-70% of the warming observed
    since 1970 has been naturally induced. Moreover, the climate
    may stay approximately stable during the next decades
    because the 60-year cycle has entered in its cooling phase.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
Re: OT GW

History repeats...

Re: OT GW

The only thing amusing is watching fools like you trying to wish scientific
evidence away.

Climategate is nothing more than taking private comments completely out of
context and presenting them in deceptive ways.

You should really be questioning those who would do such things to the
detriment of mankind. Perhaps they are the ones with a hidden agenda and you
are just foolishly being used as a tool to benefit them.

Re: OT GW

Ah boy.... :)

Uh-huh....

So, when Professor Phil Jones, head of the Climate Research unit at the
University of East Anglia stated in a 2004 email when talking about two
papers he regarded as flawed said:

"I can't see either being in the next Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change report.
Kevin [Trenberth] and I will keep them out somehow ľ
even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"

He clearly *didn't* have an agenda and was being as honest and open as
he possibly could be. Right?

The problem with all you pro climate change nutbags is that for some
bizarre reason you believe that just because someone wears a white lab
coat and calls themselves a "scientist" that they are automatically a
person of the highest moral standard and couldn't *possibly* be acting
in their own self interest.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

Having been a research assistant in my earlier days, I can certainly
attest to that. The things I saw happen...

Re: OT GW

Any way, despite the thread not being remotely connected to the groups
purpose it's coming along quite nicely. We have politics and religion
combined, I'm just waiting for some one to introduce sex and we'll have
the complete package.

Rheilly

Re: OT GW
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 06:32:43 +0800, Rheilly Phoull

Well, I did have sex once with a Ph.D student who was spending time
with us out in the field for a few days.

So there you go, one complete package sewn up for you.

Mind you, no sign of Godwin's law as yet...

Re: OT GW

It is because in these groups people are a bunch of friends who like a
chinwag and it is impossible to have a chinwag in the proper group like
aus.politics as it is inhabited by raving ratbags and lunatics worse
than our friendly ones.

Re: OT GW
Ok , best you fickoff

--

Re: OT GW

Or tune into SBS late at night, if its anything like it was when I
last watched a couple of years back
its a safe bet that at least one of the movies you see will feature at
least a graphic sex scene, someone throwing up, or using a toilet.

Sometimes all 3.

Re: OT GW

It does :)

Of course, the worst (for me at least) is that I always seem to fluke
flicking over whilst channel surfing *just* in time to see some bloke
sticking his tongue down the throat of another bloke.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but *fuck* it makes me want
to heave :)

Noddy.

Re: OT GW
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Yeah, heave the missus outa bed and phone the
boyfriend.................. :)

Two things that are essential to life are WD 40 and duct tape. If it
moves and it isn't supposed to, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move
Re: OT GW

Not that I've had any personal experience, but if you look at the famous
people throughout the scientific world it seems to be a bizarre one.

Take Werner Von Braun for example. Probably the world's most eminent
rocket scientist in his day, and a man who played a major role in the
American space program to put a man on the moon, but for a time he was a
passionate Nazi developing weapons that killed thousands of people and
was in charge of a production facility that employed slave labour that
brutally killed hundreds more.

The theme that seemed to run through his life as it did with so many
other famous scientists was Ego. He didn't seem to care terribly much
how his work impacted on others, as long as he was allowed to do it and
was prepared to deal with the devil to make that possible.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

IIRC from school history class, the one thing that made Nazi Era
scientific progress so incredibly rapid
was that scientists who showed promise in their theories/abilities
were allowed to do their research
and experiments on ANYTHING or anyone they wanted to without limits or
ethics being regarded, and with
virtually unlimited funding to go with it.

Of course, if they didn't show results, they probably got a train trip
to a camp.......

Re: OT GW

In a nutshell, yeah, and it created problems years later.

Thalidomide is a great example of that. It was used commonly in the
1950's as a drug to prevent the effects of morning sickness in pregnant
women until a startling number of birth defects were linked to it and it
was withdrawn. Yet the effects of Thalidomide were known prior to this
thanks to the Nazi's using the drug on human guinea pigs as part of
their horrendous "medical research" experiments during WWII.

The problem came about when deciding what to do with the results of the
Nazi experiments once the war was over.

The Germans, in their methodical way, kept very detailed records of
their research and it was clear to anyone who bothered to read it what
those results were. Yet the question became an ethical one, in that do
you profit from that research and use the information to your advantage
or do you write it off as a horrific part of history and respect the
victims by not making that information available?

The powers that be at the time chose the latter, with the result being
that a generation of post war people were left ignorant of the problems
resulting in thousands of victims that could have otherwise been avoided.

Probably, although I think near the end of the war when a state of
anarchic mayhem existed in Germany you only had to fart into the wrong
wind to be executed.

There was certainly a period where enough people who knew they were
doing the wrong thing had the opportunity to get out relatively safely
but chose not to.

Like Von Braun for example.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

If you take a look at the modern USA, it seems going down the same
path

Apart from trying to spy on and monitor everyone and anyone possible,
you recently got this "super congress" that is modelled on the Nazi
"enabling act" of the 30's and a couple of days ago this absolutely
chilling law
just passed by their congress that anyone SUSPECTED of being a
terrorist can be grabbed without warrant,
evidence or any due process and detained indefinitely,
probably in something like gitmo, or these overseas torture centres.

Bit rich considering there is an ever growing body of evidence that
the gov had quite a bit to do with causing 9/11 in the first place

Not to mention the molestations at the airports

Then in the USA we get these armed raids on people selling raw milk or
organic foods, (including Amish)
kids being prosecuted for having lemonade stands people arrested for
having a garden (vegetables, not illegal substances).
Google all this and be prepared for a shock,
if you aren't aware of it already

I think anyone who lives there, that can, should look seriously at a
plan to get out of there if the worst happens,
while they are still actually able to do so.

Re: OT GW

I think it's been on a steady & sad decline for a while.

Nice.

I have no doubt that the US brought a lot of 9/11 on themselves thanks
largely to their ridiculous foreign policy, but I don't buy for a second
that any part of 9/11 was an internally organised event.

It's certainly a strange place, and the sad reality is that a lot of
it's stupidity seems to be heading here.

I know I would.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

How do you like Codex Alimentarius? How about the food bill in N.Z?
http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p30%276

Kreed, you and I are on the same page :)

Re: OT GW
  Yeah, of the "they`re out there to get us" novel....

Two things that are essential to life are WD 40 and duct tape. If it
moves and it isn't supposed to, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move
Re: OT GW

Yep, it was often preceeded by no longer being flavour of the month,
then teir "jewish"* connection would be brough up and here is a free
train ride to new horizons.

*it was one area where jewish ancestry/connections mattered little.

Site Timeline