OT GW - Page 11

Re: OT GW

I've seen and read a fair bit on this topic, and I agree with your
assessment on Von Braun. His sole motivation seems to have been to do
the science itself, at any cost.

My experience wasn't so much like that, more to do with
backstabbing/politics and securing their own financial well being
often at the expense of scientific accuracy. Seen plenty of sloppy
technique as well. The bloke I worked for (who will remain nameless
for now) was regarded as the world authority in his field, he also had
quite an ego and was jealous of most any/all competitors in his field
(excepting those in his own little faction).

Re: OT GW

I worked for 6 months once in a university. I've seen office politics
elsewhere, but the academics there raised it to an art form. As a well
known Australian academic said, it is not enough to succeed, others must
be seen to fail. The academic staff there spent what time was left over
from blowing their own trumpets stabbing the others in the back. I stood
it for 6 months but I just had to get out of there (and the pay was crap).

OTOH, the research establishment where I did my apprenticeship the
scientist there were easy to get on with, they'd even take advice from
us third year apprentices when it actually came to building stuff.

Re: OT GW

I can relate to the crap pay, from memory I was on $180p/w at the time
(early 80's). Worked whatever hours were required - I know one time we
worked 4 days straight without sleep (or for as long as we could stay
awake anyway, in my case that was 2.5 days with no sleep). But it was
a great job with a lot of special (non-financial) perks. I stayed
there longer than most, until I really needed to earn real money at
least.

I saved my boss's bacon a number of times by noticing problems with
the data or the experiments themselves... well, maybe not 'saved his
bacon' but at least made the data more accurate.

Re: OT GW
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:16:55 +1100, Trevor Wilson

As the Norwegian Prime Minister told me last month:-

"We donĺt have a mining tax, we have a tax thatĺs very different."

and

"I think itĺs very dangerous to compare our oil and gas tax system
with a mining system."

You are an idiot. (he didn't tell me that, he doesn't know you)

Norway does not have a mining tax.

So instead of a 50% super profits tax, as you claim, they don't have
one at all.  (By the way, their scheme for oil and gas is deducted
from their taxable income too, unlike the MRRT).

As usual, rather than check your facts, you operate from the
assumption that you are correct, and therefore may claim as you wish,
because you must be right.

Spoken like a true extremist...

Quite right - they only exist to pay money to us - their shareholders
only buy their shares as a form of charity to delusional cretins.

Cloud cuckoo land is your permanent residence.
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani

[snip]

This sounds as though you are saying that Australian mining companies
have to pay company tax on the money that they contribute via the
MRRT. Is that what you mean?

[snip]

Re: OT GW
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:28:11 +1100, David Segall

Well, no - the schemes are completely different and not comparable.

They are applied at different stages.
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani

I have found the post via google groups, I'll poar a reply soon, I just
haven't got time (ironically finding the post, and typing this one cost
me what time I had left!)

--
John McKenzie

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com   snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com
Re: OT GW

Having been a research assistant in my earlier days, I can certainly
attest to that. The things I saw happen...
ROFLMAO...is that what happened to you? Thought you were taking a Bex powder
for that headache??
Cheers
DAVO

Re: OT GW

You mention tide, that is one thing that records from pinchgut do not
seem to jell with govt predictions.

Re: OT GW

Blink!. It hasn't cost me anything atm and I did get some nice, but
basic paid work out of it.

Re: OT GW

WTF is wrong with you?

I'll bet you're the type that gets paranoid/jealous when a group of
friends get together, thinking they're talking about you behind your
back.

Re: OT GW

It's got some major paranoid delusional thing going on.....

Give that man a cigar :)

Noddy.

Re: OT GW
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:36:45 +1100, Trevor Wilson

ROTFL. Occasionally I read your posts. Invariably I end up asking
myself why the hell do I bother. But yes, that's my own fault for not
learning from experience.

And learn how to edit your replies.

Re: OT GW

What a load of rubbish, like almost everywhere the political system
consists 2 controlled parties, and one of them always gets power
either outright or with the support of smaller parties who cannot wait
to sell out.  Get into the real world.  If they were truly working for
the public, for starters they would immediately strike down bad laws
introduced by the previous party,  default on debts (or at least the
interest on them) taken out by a previous party that were made
illegally,  (this would be great as it would ensure that the banksters
never made a bad loan to the government for bad policy again) made
against the public interest, against the constitution, against the
will of the people, or irresponsibly but these things rarely if ever
happen and at best a law will be watered down, and not completely
removed. The fact is that in many ways they work together as a left
fist, right fist, or "good cop, bad cop" to simply screw the public.

In most cases, corporate and/or banking needs are fulfilled, as these
are the people who pay them off and/or can make or break them via
privately owned commercial media. You and I are FORCED to pay them
money via the tax system, we cannot refuse if dissatisfied with our
leaders or opt out of any service we are getting if dissatisfied at
its effectiveness or value for money.   The latest example being
Harvey Norman and co who wanted the GST introduced on private
purchases online shipped from overseas.  This is already being
investigated, and will probably be brought in in some form even though
I doubt that many of the public support it.

The fact that they do not represent the public opinion can be clearly
shown with Gillard and the Carbon Tax, as well as many other things
over the years including the middle east wars.   The public now is
little more than a glorified group of slaves that are allowed every so
often to select one of two masters that will boss them and push them
around.  Wake up, You and Trevor sound like you are living in some
past stone age.

ROTFL,   to a guy who believes that animal farts, and essential
services like electrical generation and use of cars is
catastrophically warming the earth and will kill us all.

Re: OT GW

<snip>

Well you say you would like more than two parties.

Why didn't you put here on your list. We have many, many political parties?

Shouldn't you look at what happens in places with so many parties?

More is better isn't it?

We have 2 PMs two deputy PMs two of everything really, see how well it
works. Everyone wants to be boss, even the prior (or is it current)
ruling party is being split into two to make more parties.

Divide and rule is the motto here.

--
Brad Leyden
6░ 43.5816' S 146░ 59.3097' E  WGS84

I don't believe I did.

The answers to the constitutional questions are going to be
interesting...
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani
Re: OT GW
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:36:45 +1100, Trevor Wilson

As is proving it and having you acknowledge your errors.  The latter
chasm seems to be a vastly larger one than the former.
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani

Mr. Forrest does not own FMG, and FMG has considerable losses from
start-up to be recouped.  You are a ridiculous little man.

And by evil, you mean "does not agree with the T. Wilson world view
and puts money behind that disagreement".  You sad, little envious
fellow.

Yes, lets, someone needs to be your whipping boy.

Assuming no political input, presumably....
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani