OT: Earth Hour

To be clear, the reason I'm not providing you with the argument is that you're not debating in a civilised manner. As things stand, you do not have a correct understanding of the situation. That's your loss, not mine.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Yep, size of transformers etc is dependent on the overall peak load, not just one house. That much is obvious. And the fact that the peak load from each residence and business contributes to the overall peak load is also obvious, but currently not taken into account DESPITE the technology being in place here already.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

I can live with that.

Reply to
news13

Of course you can. As the saying goes, "ignorance is bliss".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

FUD. lol.

Reply to
news13

And obviously not caused by those without air-con, and reduced by the fact that the proliferation of solar panels will be producing significant capacity during a heat wave.

Easily, simply charge on the basis of each users peak demand for the preceding year. Easily done with current smart meters. My bill already shows my average usage for the past year, simply include peak usage to the chart, and bill. Not that it will ever be done, those in charge of such things are well off, and are happy to be subsidised by the poorer members of the community. Just as they continually push for more tax cuts for the rich, offset by increased flat taxes on the poor. And are accomodated by wealthy politicians! :-(

Actually the UV collected by the solar panels will still generate considerable output when hazy, and once again you simply point out that those with air-con need to pay for their energy requirements, NOT those without.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

Why is everyones posts coming up twice?

Reply to
F Murtz

Fault at your end I suspect. They aren't coming up twice on my system.

--

Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Reply to
Xeno

I have done it again ,answering two year old posts.

Reply to
F Murtz

I wouldn't get too fussed over it if I were you. Current topics aren't exactly anything to get excited over.

--

Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Reply to
Xeno

You obviously forgot to turn your computer back on after the 2014 Earth Hour and are now catching up :-)

Reply to
Dechucka