OT: Earth Hour - Page 2

Re: Earth Hour

To be clear, the reason I'm not providing you with the argument is that
you're not debating in a civilised manner. As things stand, you do not
have a correct understanding of the situation. That's your loss, not mine.

Sylvia.

Re: Earth Hour

Yep, size of transformers etc is dependent on the overall peak load, not
just one house. That much is obvious. And the fact that the peak load from
each residence and business contributes to the overall peak load is also
obvious, but currently not taken into account DESPITE the technology being
in place here already.

Trevor.

Re: Earth Hour

I can live with that.

Re: Earth Hour

Of course you can. As the saying goes, "ignorance is bliss".

Sylvia.

Re: Earth Hour

FUD. lol.

Re: Earth Hour
Why is everyones posts coming up twice?

Re: Earth Hour

Fault at your end I suspect. They aren't coming up twice on my system.

--

Xeno

First they ignore you,
Re: Earth Hour
I have done it again ,answering two year old posts.

Re: Earth Hour

I wouldn't get too fussed over it if I were you. Current topics aren't
exactly anything to get excited over.

--

Xeno

First they ignore you,
Re: Earth Hour

You obviously forgot to turn your computer back on after the 2014 Earth Hour
and are now catching up :-)

Re: Earth Hour

And obviously not caused by those without air-con, and reduced by the fact
that the proliferation of solar panels will be producing significant
capacity during a heat wave.

Easily, simply charge on the basis of each users peak demand for the
preceding year. Easily done with current smart meters. My bill already shows
my average usage for the past year, simply include peak usage to the chart,
and bill.
Not that it will ever be done, those in charge of such things are well off,
and are happy to be subsidised by the poorer members of the community. Just
as they continually push for more tax cuts for the rich, offset by increased
flat taxes on the poor. And are accomodated by wealthy politicians! :-(

Actually the UV collected by the solar panels will still generate
considerable output when hazy, and once again you simply point out that
those with air-con need to pay for their energy requirements, NOT those
without.

Trevor.

Site Timeline