OT: dishwashers

Dear aus.electronics,

How're things?

I apologise in advance for a slightly off-topic post, but, I wasn't sure where else to post.

My sister and I wish to get a dishwasher for our parents for Christmas.

The amount of duty it is likely to get is low, but, we are wary of buying too cheaply.

At the cheap end, Harvey Norman have a 'Blueway' dishwasher. It is basic, but, that's all that is required in this case.

I don't know much about Blueway, other than they seem to have made/sold air heating and cooling gear for some time.

Can anyone shed any light on the merit of Blueway for dishwashers, or, offer any other low duty - low cost dishwasher suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Stuart Palmer

Dishwashers can be tempremental beasts if you are unlucky, don't get a no-name one, you will most likely regret it. Blueway are not known for dishwashers, so I'd say stay clear.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Decide on a budget , go to at least three retailers and choose a known brand not in-house but lg or whirlpool and similar , then shop the price to death ( if you want extended warranty there is no need to buy it now), expect to pay 1/2 drawer from 500 or 600 ( rough guess)and full size a little more .

Reply to
Mee

Get an asko: they dont have built in obsolecense They work better They use very little water

The downside is they take longer to do the wash

You wont regret it....

Reply to
St kilder Sausage