OT: carbon dioxide reduction question - Page 4

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**Nothing YOU can say will suggest that the science is wrong. You are far
too stupid to be able to mount a credible argument. You have failed, thus
far, to do so.

**You're not very bright. You continue to snipe, rather than presenting a
rational, reasonable argument. Look at how Mr Liebermann conducts himself.
You're nothing like that. You are a failure.

**A failure in the sense that you think you are smarter than you really are.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   I don't expect anything from people who refuse to look at the sources
of the material they quote.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
Considering how little demonstrable formal education tweva had his
response is not surprising , when queried about education the reply was
studiously  avoided offering a fair indication of having nothing to back
the claims bar fallacious innuendo and blurred badly modelled results
based on poor information and guesses designed to support a result
rather than obtaining a truthful result and hence by omission maintain
the funding model and income  .

--

Re: OT: carbon dioxide reduction question
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I refrain from drinking mineral water because it is indistinguishable
from tap water, but others claim that it, too, has an unacceptable
carbon footprint.

http://www.inquirer.net/specialreports/watercrisis/view.php?db=1&article20%080219-119924

"LONDON -- London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Tuesday [February 19, 2008]
launched a blitz against bottled mineral water, urging restaurant
customers in the British capital to ask for tap water to help the
environment.

Livingstone said tap water was not only cheaper but also comes without
the heavy carbon footprint of transporting bottled varieties by road
and often vast distances by air from countries as far away as Fiji and
New Zealand."

- Franc Zabkar

Re: OT: carbon dioxide reduction question

I always drank tap water (again no difference in taste in my opinion,
and it is essentially free) but stopped when fluoride was put in by
QLD state government order earlier in the year, as there is plenty of
controversy as to its safety that I would rather not risk it.
Back to rain water for me.

(For those that are into carbon footprints, I don't see how you can
beat rainwater).

Re: OT: carbon dioxide reduction question
water)

How about all the ambulance traffic for people who get dysentery from
drinking the bird droppings rinsed off their roof? ;-&

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

On modern tanks, you have a "first flush" unit, that discards the
first lot of water, this allows sufficient time for the roof to be
washed clean before the tank starts filling, then the water is fine,
no dirt and crap.   Interestingly though, at school a long long time
ago, we had 2x  8,000 gallon (approx) tanks that collected rain water
from the roof  for drinking - no first flush or filter, everyone drank
out of them, including the teachers and no one got sick from it.

Of course, if there were toxic chemicals in the air and it wasnt safe,
I wouldnt drink it, but that isnt the case here.

No health problems in my family.

Re: OT: carbon dioxide reduction question

http://www.inquirer.net/specialreports/watercrisis/view.php?db=1&article20%080219-119924

I know for a fact that one of the large name mineral waters sold here in
WA is simply bore water from a property in the hills near Perth.

Tap water is the way to go.

Re: OT: carbon dioxide reduction question
Lets use helium instead then we could sound like Mickey Mouse - should
be a major hit with the kids.

Site Timeline