OT: carbon dioxide reduction question - Page 3

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:54:19 +1100, Franc Zabkar

There is a significant difference.  In most cases automobiles use
fossil fuels; thus they release carbon (as CO2) that was sequestered
for millenia.  If I take a corn crop and ferment it into alcohol, feed
it to cattle, or plow it into the ground, the carbon (as CO2) was
removed from the atmosphere within the last 6 - 9 months.  If the
alcohol is used to produce wiskey it will be out of the atmosphere for
less than a decade; the other uses return it to the atmosphere more
quickly.  Even if I let the field go to weeds, the same process will
occur.

PlainBill

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
yup
  basic chemistry , beer is related to yogurt :)
  I know which I prefer

--

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Not all that closely, different bacteria, different inputs, and different
outputs.

?-)

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:23:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Deliver? or receive....  The brewing process generates CO2.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   Can't you read?  I said DELIVER.  What was generated by the brewing
process didn't produce enough CO2, so they trucked in what they needed
to get the desired levels.  There are a lot of different ways to brew
beer, after all.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:58:30 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Yep, sure can.

Duh, rooly?  No need to get bent out of shape.

There must be, if European breweries (who were brewing the stuff long
before your lot) produce excess CO2 and have resorted to making
carbonated soft drinks (er, that's "pop" to you) among other methods
of using the EXCESS.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   There are different brewing methods.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**It's not hype. It's all about science. Something you have no familiarity
with.

**Because, my scientifically ignorant 'friend', the CO2 used for the
production of soft drinks is extracted from the air. IOW, the CO2 in soft
drinks is actually assisting with the REMOVAL of CO2 from the atmosphere.
That is a good thing. OTOH, a case could be made for banning soft drinks on
the basis that they use energy for their manufacture and are, generally, an
appalling way for humans to obtain kilojoules.

**Did it strike you to think where that CO2 came from? It is extracted from
the atmosphere. Thus carbonated soft drinks actually help with removing CO2
from the atmosphere.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Now I'm waiting for someone to suggest soft drink vaults for CO2
sequestration... :)

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
If you really want to cut back on global warming, learn
how to trim and edit your posts.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
:)

Hows that?

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Every bit sent via the net takes a small amount of energy
to transmit. Multiply that by the number of news servers
and it adds up.

And yes, ya done good Dennis.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Hello,

the CO2 in soft drinks is released to the atmosphere again when these
drinks are consumed. This CO2 is exhaled after some time.

Bye

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**Duh.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   Typical response from you. :(

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**Nope. Just a succinct one. Here, OTOH, is a typical response from me
(after an idiotic post from you):

**I don't need to prove it. It has been well documented:

http://www.megavolt.co.il/Tips_and_info/bulbs_at_glance.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp#Lifespan

http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

http://www.gelighting.com/eu/resources/firstlight/module04/08.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamp_rerating

This is an interesting primer on the topic:

http://donklipstein.com/bulb1.html

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   You can find websites that say whatever you want, 'Chicken Little'.
None of their so called science is proven, just like your claims.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

You can't expect much more from it.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**I note you have STILL failed to answer any of my questions, nor have you
commented on anythng I said in any substantive way. Your idea of a cogent
argument is to refuse to respond to questions and points of logic and resort
to pitiful sniping.

You are a failure.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Nothing that could be said to you would break you out of your cult.

In what way ?

I would say that my life has been pretty good to me regarding my
career, marriage family, friends, health etc.  I worked hard for
everything I have and have not had to accept handouts, or "sheltered"
jobs, "jobs for the boys" etc.

To me that is not failure and if it is failure in your opinion, so be
it.

As long as you keep quoting, paid off/vested interest "sources" as
fact, I'm not going to..

Site Timeline